Sign in to follow this  
8OWHUNT247

Tall Tripods

Hey Guys,

Do any of you know of a tripod that extends up to 6'-4"??

What are all of you tall guys using??

i'm a little over 6'4" and have a vortex tripod tripod. i think it's made my manfrotto. the legs and head were about $300. it would probably work for a guy that's 6'7" or so. it's like packing a boulder in your pack, but extremely sturdy. i have beat the h#ll out of it for 6-8 years now with no issues. i USE my equipment, not babied

• Like 2

i think it might be this one. i don't think vortex "makes" them anymore.http://www.manfrotto.us/055xb-tripod-and-128rc-micro-fluid-head-with-200pl-14-plate. that's the same head mine came with as well, and it works very good. says it extends to 74", which seems about right

Outdoorsman has the longer legs and you can also get the center tube extender

when you extend the tube it makes the setup a lot more wobbly.i have a hard time justifying $500 on a set of aluminum tripod legs. very over priced for what you get IMHO

• Like 2

I agree $500 would be to much, got mine done for $150 for the longer legs and extension tube. And I'm only 5'10" so I don't put it Al the way up

Standing and glassing is overrated....save 5 LBS in your pack and sit and glass :P

I've spent my entire hunting life "bouncing from cheek to cheek".... Been looking to change things up a bit. :)

• Like 1

If you go with a pistol grip head, it will add a couple additional inches.

I have slick 624cf and the outdoorsman pistol grip with the extended adaptor and its over my eyes by a couple inches and I'm 6' 3"

• Like 2

I just bought this one a few months back. Amanda used to have similar ones on her site but they were out. This is not your light weight CF tripod it is a big tall sturdy sucker for the spotter, big binos, and rifle rest.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L1F86CM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage