naturebob

no need for sheep

Many people have certain feelings. Many people were born certain ways. I was born naked and sometimes I want to punch my brother in law in the face but if I walked around naked or punched dude in the face....

Nobody says, especially God, the bible, that life will not come with challenges, extreme challenges at that. And having a homosexual child would be a challenge but not different then others in life. It doesn't mean he's a freak or anything like that or doesn't deserve love, but its like was stated before, He has a urge to be a certain way and is following it. I know many men that cant keep it in there pants around any half decent looking women despite knowing that its a wrong cause they are married yet do it anyways cause they cant stop themselves. There's lots of things we as people feel or desire but don't act or shouldn't. Others do. Theres been serial killers swear they have the urge to kill. We know that's not right or ok. But they still do it, And I'm not saying your son being gay is comparable to killing as it isn't even in the same book. I'm just showing the point of people following what there mind and heart tell them. As you stated, perhaps its a genetic flaw, that I don't know. But loosing faith in god that easily should tell you were you stood with him to begin with. You never really believed. Many dont. They just go through the motions. Despite what many tell you, your son is not condemned by God. But he is sinning as we all do but still can be saved as we all can. I hope you have peace with your son and his decision. And will reseek God and really read the bible and see what it all means. Don't listen to the hateful and ignorant on either side. They are wrong and THEY don't get it. We are all born sinners in one way or another and we ALL have to get right before we die, not just your son!

Toby.

I don't think a lot of people will say you are wrong or weird or your son is or you should have raised him better. Maybe you should have but that's not my call or anyone else to make. My problem with it is the religion and the way I was brought up with doesn't believe in it. Love your son and let that be what it is. Your son doesn't affect me or my family. The bigger problem I have is the fact this has been shoved down our throats a long time with all the media hype about it, the marches and protests or GAY pride parades, the new rainbow colored White House that Odumba lets happen, people changing their pictures on everything so they look like a dam bag of skittles, gays beating up preachers who try to use their 1st amendment rights and peacefully protest against it, a transgender being hailed as a hero over a double amputee war veteran, Who by the way fought for his country and lost parts of his body for their right to display their rainbow flags. This country being flamed by the liberals and media has gotten people so worked up over things like this that we end up fighting each other over it. The liberals and media love it. It's working right into their plan to divide this country along with the worthless POS in the white house while the media has a new story every other day. This world will, and ALWAYS will, have LBGAT and the many others and there is nothing that will change it. We still have the right to express our opinions just as you and they do. I don't like it, I don't believe in it and don't want it around me or my family. That's my choice and I will defend it with my life as I am sure you would do the same in your situation. Also,Don't make the lame mistake of stating that you are a redneck. That just makes you look like you are profiling a certain way of life and they are the only ones against all this BS. There are many others that don't like it or believe in it and they have nothing to do with RED or NECKS.

• Like 1