capoeirajosh

How far is too far of a shot?

Good article! Points well made and I agree!

Thanks man!

Very good write up and good points made. I think it was stated in a very neutral, non-confrontational manner.

• Like 1

Very good write up and good points made. I think it was stated in a very neutral, non-confrontational manner.

Thank you! That is definitely what I was going for. In the end we are all hunters.

• Like 2

I totally agree. The point you make about being true to yourself is a must. No one will be able to do that for anyone else.

• Like 1

I totally agree. The point you make about being true to yourself is a must. No one will be able to do that for anyone else.

We are our own worst enemy. Thanks for reading!

• Like 1

I enjoyed reading it, you hit on a lot of key points that many overlook when this debate comes up. There are so many variables when hunting, where as target shooting takes away a lot of them. Bottom line, a hunter must know their limitations, and hopefully have strong ethics and enough respect for the animals they pursue to consider the ramifications if they dont account for all of these variables before taking the shot.

Someone once described being ethical as by what we will do when we believe no one is watching or judging us.

• Like 2

i refuse to judge anyone who is out there trying to hunt. and as soon as i read the word ethical, i kinda lose any desire to read further. ethical=legal. all ethics are is your opinion. if my opinion differs from yours, tough. that's just the way it is. if someone is inside the law, then i'm fine with it. don't care how experienced they are, they are a hunter and deserve my respect and congratulations for trying to hunt. don't care if it's a spike or a doe ir if it has a tree on it's head either. as long as the hunter was out there hunting. one of the biggest problems we have as hunters is folks trying to inject their opinion/ethics into hunting. as long as it's a center fire cartridge, a cheap stick bow over 45lb and a 7/8" broadhead or any muzzleloader it's pretty much legal in Az, therefore completely ethical. Lark.

• Like 2

i refuse to judge anyone who is out there trying to hunt. and as soon as i read the word ethical, i kinda lose any desire to read further. ethical=legal. all ethics are is your opinion. if my opinion differs from yours, tough. that's just the way it is. if someone is inside the law, then i'm fine with it. don't care how experienced they are, they are a hunter and deserve my respect and congratulations for trying to hunt. don't care if it's a spike or a doe ir if it has a tree on it's head either. as long as the hunter was out there hunting. one of the biggest problems we have as hunters is folks trying to inject their opinion/ethics into hunting. as long as it's a center fire cartridge, a cheap stick bow over 45lb and a 7/8" broadhead or any muzzleloader it's pretty much legal in Az, therefore completely ethical. Lark.

Well put. We shouldn't be out there judging and criticizing others as hunters. Hunters vs. Hunters is not what we need and ethics/opinions are going to differ from person to person. The only person that can accurately judge you and know your limits, is you. Thanks for your input. :)

Couldn't open the attachment. How about pasting the text into this thread? Bill Quimby

Sent you a PM Bill.

.270 I would like to ask you a question, not an argument, and not hijack the thread. I tried to send you a PM but board said you can't receive any new messages.

• Like 1

Great write up! I always enjoy reading your blogs/posts!!!

Great write up! I always enjoy reading your blogs/posts!!!

Thank you!!