Sign in to follow this  
AZ8

Surrender your tag. Here's your chance

There seems to be an upswell in the idea to give up your tag. Well, here's your chance to voice your opinion.

For or against, let your voices be heard.

http://azgfd.net/artman/publish/NewsMedia/AZGFD-proposes-to-amend-Article-1-rules-public-comment-period-runs-through-Aug-10.shtml

Guest 300ultramag.

So if you PAY G&f to be a member you can surrender a tag and reinstate your bogus points. If your a paying member???? Wtf how about the department set aside tags for disabled hunters. Instead of doing a $$$$ grab raffle hunt or auction tags. Good lord them greedy folks can't hide it from no one. How about G&f nut up and do the RIGHT thing morally for once and conserve its resources and back the number 1 contributors..the paying hunters.. G&f Donate tags to the unfortunate instead of giving up the ghost to the highest bidder.. What a joke... Sign up folks be a paying member and get more benefits.. $$$$$$ do what's morally and ethic for once without the dollar sign.. Rant over

• Like 4

I hate the membership idea, but as for the tag surrender, I can only support it if they keep the provision only allowing you to get your bonus points back one time. If they didnt, then the bonus pass would get royally screwed up.

For example, say an outfitters wife has max bonus points, and for the sake of argument let's say that max points is 15 points. Say that outfiter has a client who wants to hunt a December whitetail hunt that requires 8 points to get a guaranteed tagged in the bonus pass, but he only has one point. Mr outfitter can, for a fee, offer to put his wife on the application with this potential client. The application would draw in the bonus pass. Mrs outfitter could then surrender her tag, and get her bonus points back. Then, the next year they do it all over again, this time one more point than they had the year before.

Only allowing a reinstatement of points time before they reset will alleviate this potential abuse. I don't like it, but it is better than nothing.

And don't say that this would never happen. My wife has 10 points at the moment. I would do it. I would be guaranteed a December 24B tag every single year for me or my children. All I would have to do is put my wife on the application and then surrender her tag time and time again. If her points never reset then she just continues to get higher and higher in the bonus pass.

• Like 4

Guest 300ultramag.

Call me crazy but isn't it a little backwards that the department wants us to donate tags that we paid for. And the tags are given to them for free?Last time I checked i have never been given a tag for free. However if I pay the game and fish for a tag I can donate that tag (that I paid for)and if I pay even more to be an exclusive member I can keep my bonus points???? Lmfaao!!!!!!!

I hate the membership idea, but as for the tag surrender, I can only support it if they keep the provision only allowing you to get your bonus points back one time. If they didnt, then the bonus pass would get royally screwed up.

For example, say an outfitters wife has max bonus points, and for the sake of argument let's say that max points is 15 points. Say that outfiter has a client who wants to hunt a December whitetail hunt that requires 8 points to get a guaranteed tagged in the bonus pass, but he only has one point. Mr outfitter can, for a fee, offer to put his wife on the application with this potential client. The application would draw in the bonus pass. Mrs outfitter could then surrender her tag, and get her bonus points back. Then, the next year they do it all over again, this time one more point than they had the year before.

Only allowing a reinstatement of points time before they reset will alleviate this potential abuse. I don't like it, but it is better than nothing.

And don't say that this would never happen. My wife has 10 points at the moment. I would do it. I would be guaranteed a December 24B tag every single year for me or my children. All I would have to do is put my wife on the application and then surrender her tag time and time again. If her points never reset then she just continues to get higher and higher in the bonus pass.

This is a solid point never thought of it that way! People already put their wives in for hunts just to sign over to their kids why would someone not do this!

The only way to fix that would be the entire application has to be surrendered

• Like 1

Guest 300ultramag.

Hey guys I'm selling a box of rocks. You can pay for it now. And if for any reason you are unable to use said box of rocks that's okay!!! There's a membership fee (members only)**** paying members only please continue reading**** others go pound sand. Anyhow you can pay me again and I will let you give this box of rocks to someone else of my choosing.

• Like 1

I don't agee with the paid membership aspect.

The hunting community is already fragmented and divided. Alot of in-fighting and personal posturing already exists.

archery vs rifle

compound vs traditional

rifle vs. muzzleloader

compound vs crossbow

utv vs walking

e-scouting vs boots on the ground

paper apps vs online apps

Now we want to add members vs non-members?

I understand the concept with tag surrender. I don't agree with it, but it's out there. If the department wants to proceed with tag surrender, then do it without a membership fee based club. Just more division within the hunting community that we really could do without.

Guest 300ultramag.

In all seriousness, Does anyone know why they are pushing for this membership thing?

I may be wrong, but I read the proposal that you only get one time per species to surrender your tag AND keep your bonus points. If you repeat it again the following year, you would lose all accumulated bonus points. So maybe that's how they'll prevent this. Again, I could be wrong, but that's how I read it,

You arent wrong. That is how it is written, and is exactly how I described it in my first paragraph. I don't like even the one time exception, but it's better than what they were first proposing at the open houses last year.

• Like 1