nooch2222

Optics dilemma

Here's my issue. I have the vortex kaibabs that i carry in my pack with my 20x60x85mm vortex spotting scope and the 10x42's around my neck. I'm trying to sell my scope to purchase the swarvoski 15x56 hd. Or go the route of buying a set of 12x50's and just carrying them and the spotter. Been going back and fourth. Any advice would help thank you.

I use both a scope and 10x binos. 15's will never replace your scope. I suggest 12's and a scope. You may only use your scope for 10 minutes a day, but those 10 minutes might save you some miles of hiking to get a closer look. Good luck, and whichever way you go, you will have quality optics.

• Like 1

Same here 10's, 12'a, 15's and spotter. Only difference I would add is get 12's!

You use binos 80% of the time spend your money where your eyes will be happiest. Use the spotter for detail work. Inlove the 15's but the 12's do beat them in most categories other than the far edges of your glassing work.

Good advice. thought I had a decent set up. But I just hear a lot about the swarvoski 15x56's. Had a guy tell me that all I need to carry is 10's and swarovski 15's