It's Hot, boring and nothing to hunt. I cant wait for August. I cant wait to go hunting again. Anyone else tired of the summer duldrums?

Man I love the summer....go out and try to shoot some rabbits with your bow...or go out and shoot some coyotes....its such a blast...get out and look at all the growth of the elk, deer, antelope...I love this time of year. I love the anticipation of the draw....ya its the slow season but there is still so much to do...Get out and enjoy the great outdoors

I'm w/ DTB on this one. Many an unfortunate bunny has fell to my bow since the Jan. hunt ended. Also been doing a lot of camping & am giving the whole trail cam thing a try. There's still plenty to do.

After hunting season, I transition into fishing so I get to enjoy the outdoors year round. As soon as I know what I'm drawn for, I start planning my scouting trips.

KP

I think this is an example of why game and fish is shifting to OPPORTUNITY. Lots of people are so focussed on the draw and hunting two or three of the big game animals. There are so many opportunities to hunt that go over looked. As mentioned rabbit, coyote, shed hunting, using the motion camera to get pics of different species, doing some early early season scouting into places you have always wanted to look but haven't. The list goes on and on. Don't let your HUNTING be limited to one week of the year. There is much more out there to do than you think!!!

I think this is an example of why game and fish is shifting to OPPORTUNITY. Lots of people are so focussed on the draw and hunting two or three of the big game animals. There are so many opportunities to hunt that go over looked. As mentioned rabbit, coyote, shed hunting, using the motion camera to get pics of different species, doing some early early season scouting into places you have always wanted to look but haven't. The list goes on and on. Don't let your HUNTING be limited to one week of the year. There is much more out there to do than you think!!!

Well Devin I never figured you St. Johns boys were the brightest (j/k) but you hit that one right on the head. Plenty to do out there other than big game and I wish that g&f would promote many of the other hunting OPPORTUNITIES that this state has to offer. I figure most big game hunters started hunting small game when they were young and probably had the times of their life. Besides, the best practice that you can get for coues is trying to glass up jack rabbits at 200+ yards and then whack em.

Well I guess I should have elaborated more on why I hate summer. I dont like it, Because I love to hunt Deer, Pigs, Elk, Antelope and Bear. Dont get me wrong I like hunting Rabbits, coyotes and I will hopefully kill a lion this year, but they dont get my heart racing like the others. To me there is something special about the first hunt come the end of summer or beginning of fall. dont get me wrong. I love to fish. I go almost every weekend. I love to go shed hunting, even thought I sucked this year. I probably scout more than most people. To me there is just something so special about the big game season. I dont know how to explain how I feel. I guess I just miss being out hunting and helping people. For example this last season I was out either hunting or helping people every weekend from the begining of November untill the end of January. I'm not joking, every weekend. So now that Turkey and horn season is comming to an end I'm missing the weekend trips. Plus it's to HOT!

Guest Ernesto C

Dont forget about fishing. This is excellent time for fishing with bow and/or your ugly stick. :rolleyes:

Yesterday I harvested 4 cottontails and one coyote.

Sometimes my brother and I like to bet the barbeque for the weekend, who ever shoot less rabbits will put the "carne asada" but body shots or shots to the body dont count....we aim for head shots, those are the only ones that count.

Ernesto C.

Are there any good places around the valley to go out and try to shoot rabbits with a bow other than Sun City. David

Guest Ernesto C

Here is something else you can do this summer; enjoy your blessings!

DSCN0528.jpg

DSCN0492.jpg

DSCN0502.jpg

DSCN0488.jpg

DSCN0496.jpg

Ernesto,

Why are you wearing your swarvos on the beach. What are you scouting for? Your sister is very pretty.

Godbless,

Bob

Ernesto,

Why are you wearing your swarvos on the beach. What are you scouting for? Your sister is very pretty.

Godbless,

Bob

there is only one reason why ernesto brought the swaros on the beach ......ladies in their summer clothing :ph34r: ...im just playing :P ....that would not be right :unsure:

ernesto looks like you had a good time...were you in california or mexico?

Are there any good places around the valley to go out and try to shoot rabbits with a bow other than Sun City. David

Dave:

Don't know how far you're willing to drive, but Superior is about 50 minutes east of Tempe & full of rabbits. We mostly shoot cottontails, but there are some big jacks out there too. Ingrid got her first w/ a bow last night about 15 minutes before dark. That's my favorite summer activity right there - introducing new people to the sport. She's never had a gun in her hand & picked up a bow for the first time last summer. I also introduced her to backpacking last summer.