hey guys just wanted some info on a taxidermy up in flagstaff. a buddy of mine killed a bull last year and took it to a place called signature taxidermy. anyways he's really upset on the way he was treated by the taxidermist. he said his bull turned out great but the service there was terrible. i asked him why he was so upset and he really wouldn't tell me what happened but did mention that the guy there seemed a little racist and made some racial comments to him. does anyone know of this place and if so whats this guys problem?

Pioneer, in Flagstaff, did my wife's elk a couple of years ago and did an excellent job. Don't know anything about Signature.

I used Signature a couple of years ago for my daughters first bull and was very pleased.

I never heard anyone down there say anything racist what so ever. I pretty much dealt with Steve Favour (owner)

most of the time via phone.

I am sorry to hear your friend had a bad expierience with them.

They do have a fast turn around and good quality elk mounts.

Ive known the guys at Signature a very long time and cant imagine them using racist comments especially in front of a client.

Im very surprised by that.

I've used Signature for years and have never heard anything bad about them. All my mounts have turned out great.

I don't know anything about racist comments from them, I just paid the man on time and thought they did an oustanding job, you can judge for yourself. Sounds like it was out of context or character- I still recommend them to other hunters... just my 1Cent.

AzP&Y

post-898-1181870721_thumb.jpg

post-898-1181870875_thumb.jpg

post-898-1181870893_thumb.jpg

Thats a great lookin mount but I think they forgot to put the antlers on

Ok 105 coues , here is the one from 04, the cow was from 05 ... ;)

AzP&Y

post-898-1182061498_thumb.jpg

Well I know Steve at signiture, and they do nice looking work. Well that is when they want to. I have heard some bad things about them from someone who used to work for them. He doesn't work for them any longer because he couldn't stand how they treated some of there customers. So I believe that they treated you bad. If I were you I would get in your truck and drive South to Payson and go to Clay Glodman at Mogollon Taxidermy. He does great work and plus he is a sponser of this site.

Well I know Steve at signiture, and they do nice looking work. Well that is when they want to. I have heard some bad things about them from someone who used to work for them. He doesn't work for them any longer because he couldn't stand how they treated some of there customers. So I believe that they treated you bad. If I were you I would get in your truck and drive South to Payson and go to Clay Glodman at Mogollon Taxidermy. He does great work and plus he is a sponser of this site.

Clay did an excellent job on my lion and Gamehauler had a full mount on his sheep that turned out A-PLUS. Clay is a class act.

AzP&Y, nice cow mount.

Its a no-brainer...... use Clay!!!! ;)

Signature is really, really good a building back broken antlers...... and that is about it. One of my huntin' partners lives up that-a-way and took his archery Coues over there... what a joke!.... He took it back and had Steve rework the ears, but I still want to Puke evey time I see how badly they hacked that beautiful buck! If you want see some of Signatures elk work go to Cabela's.... you will know which ones are theirs because every frickin' one looks just like the cow on this post.... I mean the faces.... all the features are the same.... no creativity... NONE. Not to mention he is not well liked in the Payson area.... wonder why he left such a pretty town in such a hurry.... :huh: :huh:

Just my $.02..... and officially, I made everything I just posed up....as a practical joke.... no harm intended....HaHa. ;) :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: See now we can all laugh together...... :lol: :lol: ;)

Signature is really, really good a building back broken antlers...... and that is about it. One of my huntin' partners lives up that-a-way and took his archery Coues over there... what a joke!.... He took it back and had Steve rework the ears, but I still want to Puke evey time I see how badly they hacked that beautiful buck! If you want see some of Signatures elk work go to Cabela's.... you will know which ones are theirs because every frickin' one looks just like the cow on this post.... I mean the faces.... all the features are the same.... no creativity... NONE. Not to mention he is not well liked in the Payson area.... wonder why he left such a pretty town in such a hurry.... :huh: :huh:

Just my $.02..... and officially, I made everything I just posed up....as a practical joke.... no harm intended....HaHa. ;) :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: See now we can all laugh together...... :lol: :lol: ;)

WHAT THE HECK GINO? I took my last Coues to Steve and felt good about it.................now I'm a little worried to say the least! Am I understandin' this correctly that you were joking? I went up to Flag to see his work and was very impressed with his Coues and especially the pedestals.......I paid extra for him to be creative with my mount.........I sure hope he at least gets creative with mine since I paid extra for it! BTW..if you were joking.....then I owe you one ;) JIM>

WHAT THE HECK GINO? I took my last Coues to Steve and felt good about it.................now I'm a little worried to say the least! Am I understandin' this correctly that you were joking? I went up to Flag to see his work and was very impressed with his Coues and especially the pedestals.......I paid extra for him to be creative with my mount.........I sure hope he at least gets creative with mine since I paid extra for it! BTW..if you were joking.....then I owe you one ;) JIM>

Believe me Bino is not joking. :( But I like the stuff I have seen of Steves.

Ive had a few things mounted by Signature, but the last one was the LAST one. It was a coues buck and it looks silly compared the the two coues bucks Ive had mounted by Clay at Mogollon. Ive known Steve quite a long time even before he lived in Payson and I dont have any ill feelings about him, i just expected more. My hunting partner had a coues buck mounted by him the same time as I and his came out great.