Big Browns

G7 Rangefinder is AWESOME!!!!

What velocity are you getting with you creed and with what bullet?

I am at 2800 with the Berger VLD 140 hunting bullet. BC before litz did the correction this last week was .313 G7 all I use.

I knew you guys were not arguing. Sometimes I can not put my thoughts out like I mean to say like .308 did with the Fact quotes. I really don't factor in Coriolis unless I get past 1000 which is not much. Last time I did shout out at 1200 I had a 4" group and stopped there,,, I did not want it to get worse,,,LOL. Oh and a perfect bulls eye in 8 mph winds. I was impressed and probably could not do that again on a calm day.

I really do not see myself shooting past 800 while hunting and 800 is pushing it because I know I usually can get closer. The only reason I would take a shot at 800 on a Coues is if he was about to top a hill, no wind, and all the stars aligned. I have faith I would hit but man could not live with myself if I did miss.

That's great shooting period.

I'm with you on 800 yards. I consider myself a = < 1000 yard shooter. While I do experiment and practice all the way to a grand and am proficient there, I am very proficient at 800 and extremely proficient at 600. While I would love to work on 1100-2000 yards, time just does not allow it.

Any 'arguing' here is merely splitting hairs but does make for great conversation and it's always good to talk about and clarify these things. It makes for better shooters on both sides.

• Like 1

Willhunt, that's fine shootin anywhere!

My thoughts are identical in regards to effective killing ranges. Those critters look mighty small at a grand even through 22x.

My intitial comment was mainly to emphasize the focus and practice on the basics of the discipline before worrying about that "1 click" at a 1000yds. I've been a student of the wind for long time and she still seems to school me regularly.

This forum has some great folks. Would love to bump into you guys at the range someday.

• Like 2