Big Browns

G7 Rangefinder is AWESOME!!!!

I want to share my recent experience with the Gunworks G7 Rangefinder. Over the past few weekends I’ve been working with ballistic data for my Savage model 10, 308. I already had the basic ballistic info in my shooter app profile. I added that info to the G7 and went to the range. The info was perfect out to 500, but needed some adjustment past 500. With a few velocity adjustments I was hitting perfectly out to 800 yards.

Fast forward to yesterday. After glassing all morning for Bigfoot (Black Bear) I decided to test the gun in a real world scenario. I asked my buddy’s to pick out several Rock (Cecil) Bears to shoot. The first rock was 556. The hit was about 2 inches right, but still in the boiler room. Dead Rock! The next rock was 780. Dead rock, but still about 2-3 inches right. Next rock was 680. Same results, dead rock, but a little to the right. The last rock was 965. First shot was about 5 inches right. I really didn’t care about the little bit of right at the lower distances, but at 1000 yards the little right made a difference. I adjusted 1 moa left. This time the hit was perfect! The hit was center of the rock up and down and right and left. Dead rock. I had zero wind so I decided to zero my windage with the added 1 moa left.

Even though all my shots were slightly to the right they were all kill shots. The G7 has given me the confidence to make solid 1 shot long range kills. I absolutely love this rangefinder! I was having no problems ranging past 2000 yards. Very responsive and easy to use. Best piece of equipment I own other than my Swaro’s!

If you like shooting long range I highly suggest buying the G7 Rangefinder!

• Like 6

Maybe your slight right was due to spin drift or corialis? Does the G7 calc for that?

Did you see any bears?

Maybe your slight right was due to spin drift or corialis? Does the G7 calc for that?

Did you see any bears?

I don't think it was corialis, because when I thought about it I remember the gun was shooting a little right the last time I shot it. I didn't adjust it, because it was a little windy that day. I thought the right was due to the wind. Now I know it wasn't the wind.

Honestly, I don't know if the G7 accounts for corialis. I believe it does, but not sure.

No Bears!!!!! Very anoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't believe they calculate for that. Simply calculate your bullet drop. They will calculate holds for wind in 5 mph increments. So far my G7 has been extremely awesome.

As a side note some of your drift was probably spin drift and corialis. I know some people that actually split the difference over 1000 yards. Up close they will be shooting a hair left and closer to 1000 slightly right. And It could also have been just simple air movement. Although the "wind" may not be blowing. The air can be shifting. If that makes sense. Watch dust particles/floaties and what not on seeming dead calm days. They tend to be going in some direction. Perhaps not enough to correct for but at 1000 yards little things CAN make differences.

Maybe scope cant? I know that can cause a shift from left to right in extreme cases. Small amounts could show up at extreme distances I suppose?

Maybe scope cant? I know that can cause a shift from left to right in extreme cases. Small amounts could show up at extreme distances I suppose?

Very possible. I need to add a bubble level to the scope on this gun.

Adam

Pretty handy little tool Huh Adam. I'm glad you got it dialed in. Stan got his going this morning as well. Becker is correct in that it dosent account for Coriolis or spindrift. I suggest like mentioned splitting the spindrift and zeroing windage there.

Cabelas has the older model on sale right now.

What does the G7 do that the leica doesnt? I dont know anything about the g7

The BR2 rangefinder allows you to put in your guns actual ballistic information. This ensures the information is specific to your gun. The Leica is a great rangefinder, but it only allows you to pick from several ballistic curves. The info is usually close, but not close enough to make consistent long range shots. You will still need to use ballistic software to ensure accurate long range shots. The BR2 makes for easy, quick long range shooting.

The rangefinder is only as good as the info you put into it. It's not magic! With a little range time you can ensure extreme long range accuracy.

Adam

• Like 1

From all the lit on the BR2 it looks like the program leaves the tweaking to you to adjust for drift and Coriolis.

Yes you hitting Right is spin drift AND Coriolis. At 1000 yards the right drift with coriolis .3 with my gun. Everyone north of the equator the shot will always be right no matter which way you are facing due to coriolis.

I love my BR2. I just did one group over the weekend at 1200 yards which was 4". All I used was my BR2 and shot north so my height would remain the same.

• Like 1