Sign in to follow this  
PelaPapas

please close!

Please close, thanks!

Just a comment. The Kodiaks are great tents but you might look at the 12 X 9. If I could use the slightly smaller I would opt for it since there are some great accessory additions like the side room that you can't use with the others. Adding a 8 X 8 canopy with sides to the tent is a huge improvement in weather and storage.

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up rthrbhntng! That's something I'll consider. I am just wanting to get myself a better tent that will fit me and my family. Right now I have a Coleman that I use regularly and it has served me well. I now want something that will last me a long time without any worries!

Just a comment. The Kodiaks are great tents but you might look at the 12 X 9. If I could use the slightly smaller I would opt for it since there are some great accessory additions like the side room that you can't use with the others. Adding a 8 X 8 canopy with sides to the tent is a huge improvement in weather and storage.

Could not agree more .. that canopy wall kit for the extra $100 gives so much more dry space when you need it out in the weather...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 12x9 is the "cabin" tent correct? That model is a lot different in setting up than the 10x10 or 10x14. I have the 10x14 deluxe, and love it and the ease of setting up. I opted for the 10x14 over the 12x9 because of the setup difference. Just something to think about.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure the 12x9 sets up like a wall tent, whereas the 10x14 uses the flex bow system.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure the 12x9 sets up like a wall tent, whereas the 10x14 uses the flex bow system.

You are correct ... it is not as fast to set up , especially alone

I have the 12x9. Bonus room is used as kitchen/storage or you can sleep 2-3 more if needed. It says it's a 2 man setup but I can set it up by myself (without deploying the awning) in about 15 mins.

• Like 1

Exactly. This is why I got the 10x14

• Like 1

I did not know that. One of the reasons I want the flex bow model is for the ease of setting up.

Bump! Still looking...

I was going to buy the 9x12 but saw how easy it was to set up so I opted for the 10x14 deluxe. I put a 10x10 Ozark canopy, bought from Wal-Mart, in front of it and find it to be the perfect tent and set up for a kitchen. I wish I had pictures. I've owned many tents over my lifetime and I assure you these are the best for easy set up and will keep you dry in the worst rain & wind conditions. Can't beat these for the price. :)

TJ

Bump! Still looking...

Keep checking Cabelas bargain cave. I got mine there out the door for $425. 10x14

• Like 1

Bump! Still looking...

Keep checking Cabelas bargain cave. I got mine there out the door for $425. 10x14

When you mention Cabelas bargain cave, do you mean in-store or online?