Sign in to follow this  
bgshooter

Meat processor near 20C

If the Lord God blesses me with a deer on my hunt, does anyone know of a good meat processor near 20C? Some day I hope to be able to process my own meat but until then, I'll need to bring it somewhere. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Look up wickenburg processing. We too a deer there whennmy son shot one in 42. They were cheap and good people

Bob thrush used to be the go to guy but if I'm not mistaken he doesn't do wild game anymore. Your options would be perkinsville all the way in chino valley or somewhere in the phoenix area.

If you are hunting the prescott side of the unit. Perkins vill in chino valley kicks butt.

I'm sure you will Khmer6 but I think I'll take it home to the family instead. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

what part of 20c? If you are in the south east area there's a few in Wickenberg. If closer to 20a definitely look into those guys in Prescott.

I drive in through wickenburg so that would be the best course of action.

Watch a lot of videos. Breaking down a game animal is the same from a javi to a buffalo. Get the hide off quick and get the meat cool. An old refrigerator is plenty to hold a broke down deer cool until you cut it.

Learn to do it yourself. It is shockingly easy. I can do a deer with kitchen knives and a grinder attachment for a kitchen aid in just a couple hours. You have the satisfaction of doing it yourself and know your getting your meat.

I would love to do it myself some day but for now have to bring it to a processor. Some day I will.