nlacost

Got my 2015 San Carlos Bear Down

Thanks a ton everyone..This was round 2 after last weekends failure to connect..got up there that morning early and was heading to the head of a canyon with some water pockets in it..As I started in I spotted this big sow and it was a 300 yard shot with my .308,she dropped in one of the water puddles...Yes she was a shaggy one..pretty heavy bear and it took a couple trips to get her out..great fun and now the processing of the meat chore begins..Did see bears everyday though,sometimes 5 a day..and I don't glass a whole bunch..did see elk,fox,a giant coues in the 130 range that looked ridiculous even at 350 yards with a left side drop tine...plenty of turkeys too..great trip....Nate

• Like 3

I load hornady match brass with 42 grains of IMR 4064 topped with a hornady A-max 168 ballistic tip..comes out the barrel about 2730 fps ..... OAL of 2.80" keeps going all the way out to 1150 yards without issues..

• Like 1

Congrats the San Carlos is a truly amazing place to hunt

Congrats on that nice bear!!!!

I load hornady match brass with 42 grains of IMR 4064 topped with a hornady A-max 168 ballistic tip..comes out the barrel about 2730 fps ..... OAL of 2.80" keeps going all the way out to 1150 yards without issues..

I have almost the same load and brass and bullets. 44 grains 4064 with 168 Amax. Hornady match brass. 2850 FPS. It is a great combo.