Sign in to follow this  
Hanksaiditbest

Anyone using the horn hunter full curl system?

Going back and forth on a new pack this season... I am liking the versatility of the horn hunter full curl but am curious about the quality and comfort of the shoulder straps and hip belt as well as weight. Any input?

I purchased the system used from another cwt member . I have had it for three years I think. I still have mixed feelings about the pack. It's not everything that I wanted it to be, but I still find myself using it.

Pros: obviously its versatility. The belt pouches are actually big enough to hold gear (range finder, GPS, small video camera) and are easy to open. Waste belt is comfortable and I think it has a good feel around the waste. Mutiple options to go with depending on the specific hunt.

Cons: I've had a buckle break (they seem on the cheap end) and I broke a cynch tap. There are a crap ton of buckle and straps. The spotting scope pouch needs to be stiffer, I can more gear than I need and without using the large bag there isn't a lot of storage room

Great info... How is the comfort with heavy loads. From what I can see online the shoulder straps don't look too comfortable, decent padding? I may just give it a try but comfort is really important to me

The shoulder straps are great it is the waist strap that is so uncomfortable when packing a load. I have tried adjusting it every way I know how and the pack still feels like it limits movement in my hips and legs. I think because there are soo many pockets on the waist strap that it is too stiff and that is what is causing my issue. I like everything else about the pack except for the waist strap .

I have had it for a couple of years now and its been great. It feels more comfertable the more weight thats in it to me.

I have used this pack for almost a year and a half now. I find it very versatile and reliable as well as comfortable. When I first got the pack I adjusted everything to me and then loaded my son and daughter in the pack. At that time that was just over 150lbs. I wore the pack for about 20/30 mins(ad long as I could). It held up great and I had no issues with comfort (other than that was a lot of weight). I've done a couple of 3day back country hunts out of it and use it for everything I do from training to hunting. I would gladly recommend this pack to anyone. I think for the money it can't be beat. Yes there are better packs out there BUT at double if not more than the cost of this pack.

I have had the full curl system for 2 years, and have used it a lot. I really like this system it is way underrated in my opinion. Mine ways about 30 to 35 lbs with my gear & I can wear it all day long without any discomfort at all!! I have the meat sack that attatches to frame & it works great for hauling. I don't think you could go wrong with this pack & its made in the USA. It has a lifetime warranty so if you have an issue or a buckle break as stated in another post call them they will take care of it!!