Guest akaspecials

Sick of hearing about you missing

281 my comment was a joke. If you didn't take it that way , please school me. If you were referring to me as a Lad. Take it easey. I dont think I am a Lad, im gettin olt.

Its only in fun, no disrespect is intended. Did you see the bumbum contest? It will change your opinion on rump shots. ;)

Guest akaspecials

I won't say he buried himself or jump on the band wagon of hate (as much as I love a good 20 pager!!) I don't know where it came from honestly? I've only seen one or two posts the past month of wounded animals and it seemed in each that the guys tried really hard to recover. I can understand where he's coming from. He may have never missed before or may just be sick of bad shots. Either or isn't a bad thing. We all strive for perfection!! But in reality it's bound to happen, misses, wounded stuff. Most folks get sick thinking of it.

Thanks 33. I have missed and I have wounded. I'm not perfect, but I strive for it like we all should. I was angry and frustrated when I posted and now regret that I did not take more time to accurately convey what I meant. After folks jumped on the bandwagon I decided it wasn't worth commenting on or explaining myself. I've received pms and phone calls from a fair amount of people saying that agree with me but didn't want to get dragged into the shitshow that the thread became.

As for the origin of my frustration, I have seen a lot of posts this year where people are holding their trophy with a caption of "3 missed shots, 1 unrecovered buck, but finally got this bad boy down!" or "It only took a box of ammo, but we got him!" It seems like there is a new one everyday on facebook and few other websites. I have a lot of respect for the game we hunt and it really frustrates me seeing people be so nonchalant when it comes to flinging arrows or lead and boasting of misses and wounded animals.

I'm not gonna explain any further, cause if people don't understand it by now, they probably never will. Good luck this season guys.

281 my comment was a joke. If you didn't take it that way , please school me. If you were referring to me as a Lad. Take it easey. I dont think I am a Lad, im gettin olt.

Its only in fun, no disrespect is intended. Did you see the bumbum contest? It will change your opinion on rump shots. ;)

Bud I dont know anything about rump shots . Over and out.

Aka, you've seen posts about people saying "it only took one box of ammo" from this year?? Were they bear hunters or varmint hunters? I'm not aware of any other rifle hunts going on yet? Although maybe there is?

Guest wdenike

post-10217-0-30121500-1441249097.jpg

Shhhh! They don't know I'm a wash woman on the hunting sites. They think I'm a bad azz hunter. LMAO

Take care, Willie

Tell ya what I flat out get sick to stomach if I lose animal. I also gave myself a self appointed leave of absence from the game after 3 years in row making same exact bad shot! 😞 how could I possibly shoot 3 coues bucks 3 yrs in row with what I thought was broadside shot but turned out to be quartering away.. Well simple illusion when sitting at angle in Chair in a blind. Within same time period I had cam of bow hit knee and cause ARROW to strike big bull in schin at just 15yards. Poop happens and I think i have finally learned??? We must learn from our mistakes, wish I was a quicker study!

As for the "poke and hope guys" it really is horrible and I encourage all to speak with this kinda person and maybe help them see what they do is wrong. It is a animal and should not suffer and thinking about someone doing this intentionally kills me.. I wish i could go back and fix all my shot mistakes for sure.. More so I wish I was better blood trailer for those unintended bad shots.. "Unethical deer" 😌

you know, not that i would take that shot with a bow but if you hit them in the back off the rump and sever the vein in there, they bleed it out quick.

I was on an archery mule deer hunt in New Mexico a few years ago and actually witnessed some guy give a nice buck a Texas heart shot. The deer only went 30 yards. I walked over to it and I'll tell ya, it couldn't have been more centered. Oh by the way he hit it with a rage.

Just in case someone did not know lol

Texas heart shot

A term used among the deer hunting community to describe an amateurish or other wise incompetent hunter who, through carelessness or lack of skill, shoots his deer directly in the butt instead of the vitals. These so-called hunters usually demonstrate the act on immature bucks or small does as these animals are easy game even for novice hunters. Luckily, big bucks seldom fall victim to this type of incompetence due to the fact they easily outsmart these neophyte hunters.

The phrase is derived from novice hunters acting like 'cowboys' in the woods, shooting without aiming, taking risky shots and posing other hazards, ultimately wounding deer with the dreaded 'texas heart shot'.

• Like 1