Sign in to follow this  
jp0212

Talk about FUN!

I started hunting about 7 years ago and had to learn it all on my own. Started only wanting to hunt big game with a bow, but I fell so freakin in love with the sport that it has expanded wanting to hunt everything. I recently bought a Benelli Ethos so I could get into Upland and Waterfowl hunting as well. Today was my first time Dove hunting, and holy crap that is FUN! Only got one lonely little bird haha, but totally worth it. Definitely made me realize I need to spend some time at Usery working the Sporting Clays!

• Like 4

If you think you're a good shot, dove hunting will certainly humble you. :)

• Like 5

I started hunting about 7 years ago and had to learn it all on my own. Started only wanting to hunt big game with a bow, but I fell so freakin in love with the sport that it has expanded wanting to hunt everything. I recently bought a Benelli Ethos so I could get into Upland and Waterfowl hunting as well. Today was my first time Dove hunting, and holy crap that is FUN! Only got one lonely little bird haha, but totally worth it. Definitely made me realize I need to spend some time at Usery working the Sporting Clays!

Check out the small game section you might be able to hook up with some of us that love hunting dove.

Humbling day for me! It has been about 10 years since I last hunted dove. I limited out, but won't mention how many shells I went through.

• Like 3

Humbling day for me! It has been about 10 since I last hunted dove. I limited out, but won't mention how many shells I went through.

We don't count how many shells in dove hunting. We count how many boxes! :)

• Like 4

Humbling day for me! It has been about 10 since I last hunted dove. I limited out, but won't mention how many shells I went through.
We don't count how many shells in dove hunting. We count how many boxes! :)

Thats funny, but very true!

• Like 2

Had the pleasure of taking my girlfriend's son out for his first dove, and first hunt on Saturday. In the truck on the way from his grandparents house (for dinner and borrowing his grandpa's 20g), I was equally nervous as he was excited. Would he endure, would he be disappointed, would I lose him (joking).

Talking about the basics and refreshing him on gun safety and strategies about being successful... he made a comment how grandpa didn't send many shells, but that was ok because he's a better shot than his (actual) dad. I explained to him about the velocity of a dove and how it wasn't point ad click .... then when we stopped at home, showed him the bag of hulls from earlier in the day. ha ha

• Like 4