CouesWhitetail

a couple new videos I made

Hi All,

Well you guys know I have been enjoying making videos of the owls that I research. I use a technique called mousing which allows you to put a mouse out in front of a male (usually it's the male) and then he takes the mouse to his mate or young. Great way to find the nest or young. Anyway, I confirmed a couple young the other day on Mt Lemmon which was nice since most of the owls seem to not be breeding this year. (I think some of them tried to nest and they failed when that snowstorm hit back in April up there).

Anyway, here is the latest video. I call it "when owls dream". I suppose if owls could dream they would dream of successful hunts.....

Http://www.coueswhitetail.com/video_clips/..._owls_dream.wmv

Oh and for those that didn't see the first owl video, here is the link to one I made earlier this summer:

1st version

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/video_clips/...music_video.wmv

I also put together a flower video earlier this summer which is a collection of photos which my husband and I have taken. Many of the photos are from this year. This is a very relaxing video, so if you are stressed out (perhaps from thinking about all the changes proposed to the hunting seasons......), this is a great way to unwind.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/video_clips/...ideo_june_3.wmv

Enjoy!

Amanda

Great job Amanda. My reply was a little long so I sent you a PM. I hope you don't mind!

TJ

Awesome footage. poor poor mice. Can't wait to see you on animal planet.

Bob

the Owl video must have been with a really fast camera. great stuff

I just filmed it with a canon GL2 at regular speed and then used software to slow it down after downloading it. It's amazing how fast it all happens in real life. I will try and post some clips of the owls doing their thing in real life speed.

Amanda

Way cool Amanda! Very good job....loved it! I had a Barn Owl watching me change a windshield last week......it was in the middle of the day and he was sittin' under a tree in a neighbors yard! Thought it was kinda outta place in downtown Phoenix, but it was a beautiful critter, reminded me of your video! Thanks, JIM>

here is the link to 10 mouse captures at full speed. 10 captures happen in 1 minute! In some of the scenes you can see me put the mouse down and watch how fast the owl comes in. Doesn't usually happen so fast but with that one owl it's almost impossible to get out of the video frame before he grabs the mouse. He is deadly on those little mice!

Full speed owl video

Enjoy!

Amanda