Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Cooler review

I was considering a high end cooler purchase but time got in the way and I never made it out to shop one down, I stopped at Costco to duplicate my 125 qt coleman for 89.00 bucks I got there 6 years ago but the halloween crap pushed the outdoor items out of the store. Oh well I was hoping to need it for half an elk so I stopped at wallmart and grabbed a coleman 120 qt extreme for 58.00 and here is how it went.

I put 5 blocks of ice and 1 10 lb bag of loose in it and some food and drinks and tossed it in the trailer. That was on wed 9-9-2015, well since we were hunting hard it was not opened often but dailey and i looked in there in my garage last night and it still had ice in it!!!!

It was kept in the shade and thats it. So 9 days and still ice if you manage it well and fill it. Going to grab 1 more for deer season.

Hunt was in 5BS and temps ran from 45 to 80.

• Like 1

I have a big igloo that holds 12 frozen milk jugs in the bottom - added all the food I wanted to keep as frozen as possible to be used 7-9 -12 days into my hunt 15 day hunt -- topped off with unopened bags of ice , to be used in other ice chests when needed

wrapped with old sleeping bag - cover with tarp - stuck in the shade - tried to only open it once or twice a day as needed.

17 days later most of the jugs were still 3/4 frozen

this thing probably weighs 150-200 lbs loaded up so I try not to have to move it much -

the iced milk jugs are great for packing in and around meat for trip home - less mess than melting ice and the water can be used for lots of other things

Ya I'm going to have to get me a deep freeze so I can do the jugs. Figured on waiting til I have an elk tag but may be needed sooner.