firstcoueswas80

Dodge warranty question

My Toyota was built in Tennessee. My wifes Ford was Built in Mexico.

DB

Yes I know and I am not trying to start anything,

But the company is a Japanese owned company.

I wish it was not because they make a great product

And I would love to own one :(

Thats just me

DB

Yes I know and I am not trying to start anything,

But the company is a Japanese owned company.

I wish it was not because they make a great product

And I would love to own one :(

Thats just me

Don't ever take anything I say serious. I could care less what anyone drives. If I could, I would ride a mule to work.

Work sucks, I'm bored and it's hot!

;)

Traded the f150 for a Nissan Titan. Still have the Ford Expedition and Jeeps though. The 10 year old F150 was not holding up well at all. I almost feel guilty... wish the F150 was better built.

As for Dodge and warranty... They have waranties but getting them to cover anything is like pulling teeth on a grizzly.

They first try to hide the problems then, blame everything else to try to get off the hook. I won't ever buy another New dodge expecting the warranty to help in the event of a problem.

Resale value on Toyota and Nissan are so good because they blow away Americans models. Sure if you are moving a house or mega load, you might need a duramax or super duty, but just don't expect them to hold up over the long run.

the new tundra has plenty of power....5.7L V8....then get a turbo put in :P ....I am all for the US but when it comes to vehicles I have to put my foot down....toyotas last a very very very long time...my truck actually probably drives better then when it was brand new :huh:

I have had a 1996 Bronco--260,000 miles, traded it for my 2001 F250 4x4 and i got antsy to buy a new F250 and traded it in with 180,000--i have only had two bad trucks--one was a 85 Jimmy (bought brand new) had to replace three trannys on that one--traded it in on a Forerunner--put 200,000 miles on that and traded it in on the bronco i mentioned before. The other crappy truck i bought was used--Ford f250--took me less than 3 months to trade it in.

I do not agree that the American trucks will not last as long as the Toyota's===maybe 20 years ago but not today.

DTB, that toyota engine does not make enough HP to tow a good size boat, or a trailer full of 4x4 quds. it puts to much stress on the engine... thats where a diesle shines!

My dad pulls a heavy trailer, bobcat and other concrete materials with his 2001 Tundra and it has 170,000 and no signs of giving up. Sure it doesn't have the payload or torque has some bigger trucks, but 8,000+ pounds is nothing to scoff at and it gets the job done.

I believe Toyota is coming out with an oil burner in 2009.

They already sell a turbo diesel model of their smaller trucks overseas, but not here. I don't think it can pass emmissions in the US.

DTB, that toyota engine does not make enough HP to tow a good size boat, or a trailer full of 4x4 quds. it puts to much stress on the engine... thats where a diesle shines!

Its not the horsepower its the torque.