Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Need to hunt coyotes? Go here ......

Thanks everyone. A friend and I are trying our hand a predator calling and haven't had much luck close to Payson where he lives. Sounds like Rim Country is worth the drive. Any other tips would be appreciated, other than burying a wolf collar :o

Lark, tell us how AZGFD helped outlaw trapping.

Sure wish they'd allow it again to help out the deer and elk herds. Drought hurts as it is. When was the last time someone trapped a yote in a live trap?

Thanks everyone. A friend and I are trying our hand a predator calling and haven't had much luck close to Payson where he lives. Sounds like Rim Country is worth the drive. Any other tips would be appreciated, other than burying a wolf collar :o

Some good areas worth the drive winslow, pink cliffs area, north of 260 between the 87 and camp Verde, and cedear flats area.

Try to avoid calling over large open areas, find open pockets in the thicker stuff and put the shooter down wind from the caller. Main road areas with a lot of traffic are no good at busy times try these areas during the week. Coyotes know what day it is.

James

The yotes is 5 get called a lot and are pretty wise to the call. You can listen to them hoot it up but it is tough to get one to commit to the call and come charging in.

I remember when they would go up in helicoptors in the 19 units and blast em every year. Sure helped the antelope. Now the houses are destroying the antelope habitat.

• Like 1