Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Looking for beef or pork fat. Anyone know????

Last time I got some from Costco. The time before that was safeway. Call ahead of time to see if they will hold some for you

I called safeway and they r suppose to call me today. They sell 50c a pound. Its a backup depending if edge has some

We got 4#s left is all but it's yours. We'll be on Cotton ln, noonish.

Love the bacon ideas. It's on sale at Fry's.

butcher bobs in west valley, call first they run out and have to save some for you. Bell road and 107 the ave

Problem is once you walk in Butcher Bobs, that meat display counter grabs hold of you like a tractor beam and empties your wallet. But watch your footing, customers should be fitted with a drool bucket upon entering.
  • Like 1

Most meat shops (not grocery stores) sell it. Problem is most want $2 or more per pound which is absurd for what is essentially throw away scraps. I prefer mixing pork fat rather than beef fat, so I'd go one of two routes.

1.Bacon-At Walmart you can buy a 3 pound pack of bacon end cuts and scraps for around $7. This grinds great with your game and is about what most places want for fat scraps.

2.Pork butt roasts-They have a really high fat content which is why they are so great for smoking. Watch the sales and you can usually pick them up for about $1 per pound. Last week restaurant depot had them on sale for $1.09 per pound for boneless butt roasts. My buddy and I picked up a 70 pound case for our upcoming deer and elk hunts. It grinds great with game.

I had someone recommend getting those and just cutting the fat cap off and using that? The idea of using the entire shoulder sounds interesting too though!

Thx edge. Alsongot some from safeway. .49 a pound

glad to help out.