COOSEFAN

Some Critter Pic's

Hey guys, I ran out to one of the tanks nearby last night after work. My plan was to set a cam on the tank and I already had the spot picked for it during an earlier visit.........and guess what.........there's a fricken new cam hangin' in the exact spot I was going to put mine :( Someone beat me to it.....so I made funny faces and danced around a little bit in front of it.......hopefully they get a kick out of it :lol: I planned on setting up the cam and then hiking in to glass for a while, but once I saw I was beat, I decided to just glass from the tank and see what came in, so I sat back a ways and waited. First visitors were the Pigs and they stayed until dark. They all came in and drank then laid around and panted with their mouths open.

Belpig1.jpg

Belpig2.jpg

I had my 15's on a tripod in front of me and tried to take a few pics hand holding the camera through the binos. Only a few turned out.......

Belpig3.jpg

Belpig4.jpg

Shortly after the Piggies arrived all heck broke loose with a deer jumping around on the metal apron on the hill above me! SCARED THE HECK outta me AND the Piggies! The Pigs and I settled back down and the deer started coming from all directions. One group was all bucks and it was dissapointing to see how bad the antler growth is. The biggest buck out of the 9 bucks I saw all night had maybe 7" of growth and very little mass. All the others had either just nubs or 3" to 5" little velvet sticks :( One buck in particular kept fighting with another buck. They had several "boxing" matches and a bunch of hissing and growling......that was very cool to watch.......wish I had the video camera!

Belpig8.jpg

Belpig6.jpg

Check out this "2 Headed Doe" :blink: ..........

Belpig5.jpg

The lighting was too dark to try and digiscope these deer, but most of these are bucks.......you can see the little ones were not as wary as the older bucks.....the buck in the right corner of the next pic had about 5" inches of growth, the biggest with about 7" inches was farther out as well. We've only had a sprinkle of rain lately out here on the west side.........it better get here quick! Thanks for lookin', JIM>

Belpig7.jpg

Oh yeah, BTW.......I was wonderin' why that guy's trail cam wasn't flashing while these deer were there........they were walking directly in front of it by only 3 feet or so and it was dark..........I went over after the deer left and stuck my face up to it and at about 2'foot away from it.......the fricken flash finally went off....I about fell over startled and blinded :lol: :P I know that was stoopid.........but someone out there has a great "deer in the headlights" pic of me! ;)

Forget the draw results....I can't wait to see coosefan's trailcam photoshoot debut posted on the web :lol: :lol:

You are right about the antler growth. It sucks. I have 200+ pics since May and none of the bucks are worth the price a of tag. Seems to be alot of does ready to burst though. Hopefully the fawns have a good survival rate.

Oh yeah, BTW.......I was wonderin' why that guy's trail cam wasn't flashing while these deer were there........they were walking directly in front of it by only 3 feet or so and it was dark..........I went over after the deer left and stuck my face up to it and at about 2'foot away from it.......the fricken flash finally went off....I about fell over startled and blinded I know that was stoopid.........but someone out there has a great "deer in the headlights" pic of me!

You wanted to see me fall in the lake, i would have paid money to see this! and i can TOTALLY see you doing this! hahaha! good times! I cracked up just thinking about it!

Forget the draw results....I can't wait to see coosefan's trailcam photoshoot debut posted on the web :lol: :lol:

I was really hoping that cam was owned by someone on this site, but I bet the chances are alot better the pic's might show up on MonsterMuley's. I'm never on that site but those of you that are keep an eye out. I know there is some funny pics on that guys cam.

Hey Casey, I was seriously laughing at myself on that one! "Here's MY Sign!" :P

Its like hitting your funny bone! it always hurts, but the way it gets it is funny and makes ya laugh! thanks for keeping me entertained!

It sure makes me feel good that these animals have water during this dry spell. It seems game & fish gets hammered more than they get any positive feed on this site and it's refreshing that we have the catchments to enjoy these pictures from. No, I don't like the high license fees and some other issues that goes on but I do care and like alot they do for us. :D

TJ

It sure makes me feel good that these animals have water during this dry spell. It seems game & fish gets hammered more than they get any positive feed on this site and it's refreshing that we have the catchments to enjoy these pictures from. No, I don't like the high license fees and some other issues that goes on but I do care and like alot they do for us. :D

TJ

They def have plenty of water around....your right the game and fish do not get enough credit...

coosefan sweet pics...your posts are always enjoyable

Nice job Jim I see you found my trail cam and it is dissapointing to hear that it isnt working properly and I have to post those humilating photos of you :P

Hopefully you will have some time off this August and be able to stick one of those guys unless you decide to get a whitetail.

I'm not sure theres such thing as plenty of water here in AZ, but there are some places for them to water.

this year I have seen plenty of water for the animals....ya we are in a horrible drought but in every unit I have seen there has been a good amount of water...you also hear more and more about catchments being put up...to me its been a pretty dang good year for water

Most of the trick tanks are holding water and a good portion of the water tanks are holding some water at least. The water level is down and with the lack of rain there isnt as much good forage for the animals so antler growth will be below average (there are exceptions such as over in unit 1 and 27). There is enough water for the animals and with all the projects being done it is only helping. There is always room for more though I will not turn down more water though ;)

Nice job Jim I see you found my trail cam and it is dissapointing to hear that it isnt working properly and I have to post those humilating photos of you :P

Hopefully you will have some time off this August and be able to stick one of those guys unless you decide to get a whitetail.

I'll be living with the bulls in August, but hopefully I get a chance to carry the bow around up north just in case a really big Muley steps out.......otherwise I'm saving myself for the rifle tag that I'm gonna draw :P BTW.......those areas by my house are not open to hunt until Dec. and Jan. with a bow ;) It would be an absolute slaughter if G+F let people hunt the summertime down here.......sit a water source and they come in herd after herd......it would be unfair to hunt them at this time I believe. Thanks, JIM>

Speaking of water catchments, there is one in unit 22, in the desert, that I have been watching since early spring. Last week, it was nearly dry. This week, it is overflowing. I didn't see any tire tracks there, so I don't think anyone filled it up. Did they get that much rain along the Beeline last week?

I agree with Coosefan. We probably shouldn't be hunting the deer in some units in the hot months. Let's give them a break from what is already a struggle to survive.