I always wanted to try the badlands vest, looks nice but a little pricy for me right now.

I don't have one but I really really want one but check out http://www.q5outdoorproducts.com. Dan Priest designed the vests and owns the company. Dan Priest is a local man and runs Arizona Outdoor Adventures as well as AZQuailToday.com. These vests are top notch quality.

Yes my boss has a Q5 and it is awesome but also fairly expensive and I'm not sure I need that much in a vest either

They have different styles.

My preference is for a vest style that incorporates a padded waist belt to help support the load, rather than a standard vest or strap vest where all the weight hangs on the shoulders.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/clothing/detail.asp?fid=053A&cid=300&tid=688

Here is the one I use. I think I bought it on Amazon over a year ago under $100. This vest does have a padded waist belt that you can tighten up to support most of the weight. After hunting in it over 30 times last season it started to smell like a sweaty hat. The nice thing about this vest you can throw it in the washer and dryer and it comes out like a new vest.

Well I had finally found one that I was ready to buy and I called to order it and the lady said there is a slight back order. Ok so I asked how long. May 2016. So Im thinking that is a bit too long to wait. So I sucked it up and went with my other choice and same thing except it is on back order till further notice is all I can get told. So after being shutdown twice I decided to email the third choice company and am told the have suspended all orders until they get product back in stock and fill pending orders. So is it just my bad luck or what? I get a store not having something but the manufacturer them selves are all out of the products? that seems odd.

Well I had finally found one that I was ready to buy and I called to order it and the lady said there is a slight back order. Ok so I asked how long. May 2016. So Im thinking that is a bit too long to wait. So I sucked it up and went with my other choice and same thing except it is on back order till further notice is all I can get told. So after being shutdown twice I decided to email the third choice company and am told the have suspended all orders until they get product back in stock and fill pending orders. So is it just my bad luck or what? I get a store not having something but the manufacturer them selves are all out of the products? that seems odd.

It's prime time upland hunting season so you aren't the only one buying vests at this time. You just have bad timing I guess. Haha. Sucks bro.