Sign in to follow this  
PelaPapas

Washing Kuiu Gear...

For those of you with some Kuiu gear, how do you wash it? I ordered some Teton pants/shirts and they need a washing. On the teton pants/shirts it says to wash warm and tumble dry low.

I am trying to keep it from fading or shrinking more importantly! The fit is perfect and would hate for it to shrink. I usually wash all my camo in cold water and air dry, and it seems to work pretty good. This is my first time with Kuiu and would like to keep it in good shape.

So do you all just follow the label and get good results? Any info is appreciated...

i just wash then hang dry havent had an issue been using kuiu for a few years now

Do you wash according to the label? Warm or cold water?

I always turn my camo inside out before washing.

• Like 1

I always turn my camo inside out before washing.

I do the same thing.

Cold water hang dry. Shirts inside out

• Like 1

Cold water and I don't even bother to turn it inside out since the water and soap don't know the difference. :P

This last time my wife through it all in the dryer, it was on low and seemed to have no affect on any of the brands that were in there.

• Like 1

Baking soda and cold water. Always air dry. I don't want the dryer sheets or smells from the dryer on my camo

• Like 1

Thanks to all for the info!

Hope you haven't washed your stuff yet! Please don't make the mistake I did and let your stuff get washed with regular detergent! Synthetics should get washed in something made for these higher tech fabrics like the Sportwash from Atsko you can get at Walmart or similar. You do NOT want to use Tide and the like. It will not only strip off the DWR that is on the surface of many of these fabrics, the fabric softeners and UV brighteners will clog up the DWR making it not function as designed. My wife got a hold of my Attack pants and washed them in regular detergent with my other stuff and ruined my pants. The DWR has never been the same since. Almost like it was never there. I need to try a wash in DWR with my pants to get it back.