Sign in to follow this  
trkyslr

Diy double pedestal base for two of my biggest bucks

Nor cal is the land of giant blackies, both ones west (pure) and just east of the boundary highway (blacktail hybrid) however recent dna has shown pure blacktails east of the line and blacktail hybrids west of the line, so that shows they do trespass lol... I just go by their physical characteristics, habits, etc...Here's some of this years nor cal blacktail kills (not mine) from other forums and my second 2015 buck with me in it.

post-12303-0-93299600-1447129361_thumb.jpg

post-12303-0-74799500-1447129372.jpg

post-12303-0-24316800-1447129384_thumb.jpg

post-12303-0-75588500-1447129578_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Those are outstanding deer. Is this something that a guy could go and do on public land diy? You can pm a response if you'd rather do that.

Okay I am very interested in this as well. I am in the Bay area a lot for work and would love to know how to set this up and what it would cost.

Those deer are beautiful!

There a few public land hunts in wilderness areas (otc tags) and national Forrest hunts (otc tags) where a number of big bucks are killed each year but you have to work your balls off to find them way back in there. There's also some late season rut hunts that produce some big bucks but those tags require several pp to draw. Otherwise majority of the remaining premier property is private. Going in on one of these hunts without knowing the area or having any Intel can be a tough hunt.

That's just a few of his monster bucks! Should see the rest of his house. Probably the best collection of blacktails there is! Had the pleasure of getting to hunt there with him past August. Great mount!