Sign in to follow this  
520AZcountryboy

Need help in 36c

Hey guys! I'm out in 36c and im having a really hard time locating coues deer. This past weekend was great, seen a ton of doe and even a few bucks, just couldn't the shot off with all the gunfire around me. Deer got too spooked and lost my chance. Now it's Tuesday and have been seeing a lot less deer activity. Not sure if I'm looking in the wrong area or if the weather effects its. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm camping near mildred peak. Thanks!

Hike high. Glass the shade. Those deer aren't moving after all the shooting

• Like 4

Not sure what tact you are taking, but if you were/are experiencing lots of gunfire in your area, then maybe get deeper into those steep, nasty, catclaw infested mountains! ;) My advice would be to strap on a good headlamp and hit it about 90 minutes before light! Get some elevation and a couple of miles in between you and the closest road before it gets light enough to shoot, and then sit down behind your binoculars and glass, glass, glass!

Keep at it and good luck!!

S.

:)

• Like 2

Mildred Peak huh? I did the upgrades to the radio site on top up there. We saw deer almost everyday in the canyons to the north, east and west of the radio site.

• Like 1

Don't be afraid tlo look in the flats.

34A might be flat but 36C sure ain't flat. ;)