Sign in to follow this  
HEADACHE

1st muzzleloader elk.

Great bull!

I asked you a question in another thread, but wanted to repeat it here for better visibility for you: Obviously you were hunting lower country - do you think most of the herds have migrated to lower elevations in your unit because of the snow we had a couple weeks back?

My dad and BIL have late rifle tags for the same unit you hunted and we already have spots picked out at higher elevations, so hopefully most of them haven't moved down yet. Any insight on that would be appreciated (again, not looking for spots - just whether they've migrated in large numbers) since we're taking the trailer up next weekend and prepping camp for the opener.

Great bull!

I asked you a question in another thread, but wanted to repeat it here for better visibility for you: Obviously you were hunting lower country - do you think most of the herds have migrated to lower elevations in your unit because of the snow we had a couple weeks back?

My dad and BIL have late rifle tags for the same unit you hunted and we already have spots picked out at higher elevations, so hopefully most of them haven't moved down yet. Any insight on that would be appreciated (again, not looking for spots - just whether they've migrated in large numbers) since we're taking the trailer up next weekend and prepping camp for the opener.

In my humble opinion, most bulls will look for places to hide out, often in lower elevations, but bull elk are like people, some are stubborn and some don't like to walk very far.

• Like 2