Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Cool find!

I found one in 27 but it was taken by G&F for investigation and not returned. No hair or meat. dead a year or longer. Was a full curl plus a half. Think he wanted it for his collection, my fault for calling it in I guess. Yours is awesome Amanda!! Looks really wide!

oh man, that sucks! I am glad they weren't interested in mine. Post some pics of yours!

I found it before cellphones had cameras and before I had a cell phone lol. Wish I had carried a regular camera back then.
  • Like 1

Because of the stuff that muledeer33 mentioned, he is not the only one who has that story, I don't think many people will admit they have them...

If you spend any amount of time in sheep country you will find them...

• Like 2

Awesome pictures. If I came across one I would hesitate to call G&F just for the reason that there's a possible chance that they will take it. However, I would like to think the majority of the time they wouldn't care.

I found a few cow skulls laying around on my scouting trip for javelina if that counts. . . haha

Do sheep horns have to have a G&F plug to be legal?

No....I asked AGFD that question specifically...they said they only plug hunter-taken trophies, not found skulls. I was surprised by that, I thought all had to be plugged, and I have heard from others that they used to plug pickup skulls too, but apparently that has changed.

Do sheep horns have to have a G&F plug to be legal?

No....I asked AGFD that question specifically...they said they only plug hunter-taken trophies, not found skulls. I was surprised by that, I thought all had to be plugged, and I have heard from others that they used to plug pickup skulls too, but apparently that has changed.

I must of found mine when they used to plug because that's what the warden said when he took the skull that I never got back. Either way, I'm not bitter lol.

A plug is a special way to ID the horns....they drill a hole and insert the plug with an ID number on it. here is a pic of one I found on the internet to help illustrate what it is.

post-1-0-86755900-1449979797_thumb.jpg

• Like 2