Sign in to follow this  
Chris

No bark Collar recommendations?

Any favorites? I see Cabela's has a few different ones.

Just want to stop the dog from going postal with the neighbors dog!

I am going through the same thing, my new neighbor has dogs and I cant stop mine from barking now. Wife says no shocking, and the tone isnt doing anything.

I am going through the same thing, my new neighbor has dogs and I cant stop mine from barking now. Wife says no shocking, and the tone isnt doing anything.

Look on Amazon. They have one that sprays a circus scent or somethin in their face. No shock. Works great on my hound dogs. I don't even have to turn it on. Soon as I put it on they stop.
  • Like 2

that sprays a circus scent or somethin in their face. No shock.

Does it mainly smell like elephants and monkeys...or is it got a hint of bearded lady? ha ha ha Jk.

Anybody know how to slip the bark collar onto my neighbors dog? My english pointer doesn't seem to bark in the middle of the night, but the neighbors pit mix seems to have great vocal stamina all night long.

(I can usually tell when the phoenix sway neighbor I have comes home and decides to take his trash out at 2 am. That's the only real time hank looses his mind.)

Yes. TrI tonics has a tone button as well as shock levels. Tone your dog then shock him. Do that a few times. If he has any brains he will put the two together and know tone is before a shock. My bird dogs know when I tone them that they messed up somewhere. I haven't had to shock a dog in years.

Look on Amazon. They have one that sprays a circus scent or somethin in their face. No shock. Works great on my hound dogs. I don't even have to turn it on. Soon as I put it on they stop.

http://www.amazon.com/Collar-Citronella-Spray-Anti-Bark-collar/dp/B00987HPFO

Is this the one you used? It really works? Citronella spray. I suggested it to my neighbors since they don't want to shock their dog, but it's nice to hear someone here has actually tried it and found it works....

Two. Citronella, not citrus or circus as dam spell check said. Yes it works great on my 2 hounds. Though I also have a heeler/Aussie mix and it does nothing for her. For the price and piece of mind give it a shot.

I don't think the "shockers" are all that nasty from watching Caeser the dog whisperer said it's a very mild shock, just bothers them.

Some cheaper brands have tone settings too. It's whatever your budget is. I would highly recommend one with that setting though.

I see various models..... How much do I need to spend for the Tritronics? (I see it's Garmin, so I'm not sure).