azyoung

Humphrey Summit

After 44 years of looking at Humphrey I finally hiked to the top. Back in high school you could drive dang near to the top but never hiked just a cold brew toast and drove back down. My son Riley kept the pace but I did not want him to feel bad so I stopped often and pretended to breath really hard and sweat a lot so I could make sure he was o.k. :lol: Just over 3 hrs to the top What a view!!!

azyoung

azyoung,

What a dad! You kept yourself from sprinting to the top so your son felt good about himself. Whatever brother, you can't fake sweat. Must have been an awesome day for you both. Great pics.

Lee

Sweet ! Summit FEVER! That is one fantastic hike! You guys look like you earned it!

Looks like a very nice day up there... :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharin' the pics!

AzP&Y

Awesome!! Good for you!!

PS. Did you check my trail camera while you were up there? ;)

Man Jeff, that Riley is growing like a weed! Did I read that you and Riley have turkey tags in 23. Chris and I do. Pm me and we'll see if we can hook up.

Classic.. congrats on the summit!! I really like that hike.. I've done it twice now since moving here to AZ. First time was to add another state high point to the list, and the second was a training hike for Mt Rainier this past spring.

Classic.. congrats on the summit!! I really like that hike.. I've done it twice now since moving here to AZ. First time was to add another state high point to the list, and the second was a training hike for Mt Rainier this past spring.

I ran into a couple of guys in the parking lot this spring that were training for Mt Rainier. Was that you? I was in the Suburban with a bunch of kids.

Lance