Barnesboy

stand and blind lock up

So I wasn't sure where to post this under so I figured I would just post it under here. But my question is what are some ways you guys lock up your tree stands from being stolen when you have them set up? I have a ladder style stand that am wanting to set up in a area I have been seeing some good bucks but I don't want to worry about it getting stolen from the area. I'll be taking it down also at the end of the season. Also I have a ground blind to I want to set up but also don't want it stolen either. Any ideas would help thank you.

Don't put them by a water hole or any where close a human would go and you should be good to go. Locks don't matter the animals will cut them.

Lock up in your garage. No worries. :)

Haha if I had deer going through my garage I would lock them up in there.

Don't put them by a water hole or any where close a human would go and you should be good to go. Locks don't matter the animals will cut them.

I plan on setting them both up on game trails that go in to a water hole. But ill be setting them 100 to 150 yards away from the water.

I plan on setting them both up on game trails that go in to a water hole. But ill be setting them 100 to 150 yards away from the water.

This will be a risk you will have to take... I personally wouldn't leave the stand there since it is near the water plus I'm sure it is easy to identify. If you can afford to take the risk financially and emotionally then go for it. Best of luck in whatever your decision may be and Merry X-mas!

Just use a long cable lock and lock the top section to the tree. If the seat folds up lock it in the up position so no one sits it. You can't kill a big buck if you leave it in your garage. As far as the blind, brush it in real good and use rope to tie the brush so it stays. Leave enough room to pop your blind up and take it with you daily.

James

Ouote name="JLW" post="617616" timestamp="1451048063"]

Just use a long cable lock and lock the top section to the tree. If the seat folds up lock it in the up position so no one sits it. You can't kill a big buck if you leave it in your garage. As far as the blind, brush it in real good and use rope to tie the brush so it stays. Leave enough room to pop your blind up and take it with you daily.

James

Thank you for the info.