rancilio

The bear that found the fawn

I have found aluminum foil in bear poop before too, but that was many years ago and a bear that lived near an open garbage dump.

Funny that you mentioned aluminum foil in bear scat. Was out this past sunday chasing some deer and walked up on some coyote scat with what appeared to be foil in it.

No poop, but was there for the feeding. . If he crapped the hooves off this, his butt musta hurt some kinda bad.post-10850-0-26408900-1453761267_thumb.jpg

post-10850-0-87204400-1453761387_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I was just listening to a podcast the other day and they were talking about finding deer hooves in coyote crap and how the biologist use that to determine predation rates.

Pretty neat find.

So...that's why they howl. :blink:

Rancilio, this was up on the SCAN, I was scouting for my bear hunt... found one. However, season was not open. There were at least 8 other cow carcasses that had been stuck in the mud and consumed. The next morning this guy was almost impossible to identify, between bears and coyotes. Lousy way to go. We nicknamed it Death Tank.

I'll have to talk to the rancher down the street to see if he will build a mud pit for his cattle to "play" in. Great idea!