Red Rabbit

FALL 2007-JAN 2008 COUES BUCK CONTEST

Fall 2007- Jan 2008 Coues Whitetail Buck Contest

CouesWhitetail.com will be sponsoring a COUES BUCK CONTEST again for the third year. The contest’s purpose is to garner interest in the beloved Coues whitetail and this website, and to share our hunt successes and pleasures from the field chasing the gray ghost.

This contest will be open to registered members of CouesWhitetail.com and their immediate families living at home (husband or wife, sons & daughters under 18). Deer must be taken between August 24, 2007 and January 31, 2008 from Arizona, New Mexico or Mexico. If you have multiple tags, i.e. from different states, you may enter deer from each hunt.

Categories (10):

Youth (ages 10-17) - largest Coues buck

Youth (ages 10-17) - smallest Coues buck

Archery- Highest P&Y gross Typical frame Coues

Archery- Highest P&Y gross Non-typical Coues

AZ&NM rifle- highest gross B&C Typical frame Coues

AZ&NM rifle- highest gross B&C Non-typical Coues

Mexico rifle- highest gross B&C Typical frame Coues

Mexico rifle- highest gross B&C Non-typical Coues

Smallest Coues buck

Best field photo- based on composition & quality, not antler size. All contest photos will automatically be considered for this category. This post may help with taking your photo. http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...?showtopic=3754

Register by October 15, 2007 for the contest. Send Doug/Red Rabbit a personal message. Entries received after October 15, 2007 will not be accepted. He will send a confirmation message.

To register, your personal message to Doug/Red Rabbit must include the following:

Member name/handle

Name

Telephone number

E-mail address

Mailing/shipping address

Entry Fees & Prize Donations. There is no fee required to enter the contest. You may wish to donate a piece of hunting equipment to the prize packages. Prize donations are not required, but are appreciated. You may also send a small financial donation to help with shipping of the prizes to the winners. Prize packages, and the number of places, will depend upon the number of prizes donated.

To enter your deer

1) e-mail Doug/Red Rabbit a field photo of you and your deer, its gross B&C/P&Y score, hunt unit and date killed. Amanda will then post your picture on the home page.

2) Post your picture and hunt story in the regular forums. If you have difficulty posting a picture, this thread may help, or asking another member will certainly get it done.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/index...?showtopic=3721

Scoring your deer. Amanda has a nice “how-to” on the home page complete with photos, instructions and downloadable score sheets. Again, the gross score is needed for this contest.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/how_to_score..._Coues_deer.htm

The contest will close January 31, 2008, at the end of archery season. Entry photos with info/story must be posted in the forums and received by Doug/Red Rabbit by Feb. 15, 2008.

Hope you all enter and have a successful Coues season.

Thanks Doug for coordinating the contest again this year.

I would like to request that those of you entering the contest make it as easy as you can on Doug by providing complete information as requested. He has to do a lot of organizing with all the people who enter and you can really help make things go smoothly by taking the time to make sure you included everything needed.

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing how everyone does!

Amanda

Doug I would like to donate some water bottles, knives, and hats again this year for prizes but I have lost your address, can you pm me it again?

My son and I are in. I'll send you a PM. I have a pack of Snypers and a pack of Rage broad heads for the contest. Thanks for getting this together again Doug!!! I love to see the photos and read the stories.

Carl

I just counted up entries and there are 62 people entered. Deadline is Oct 15 to enter, so don't let father time sneak past you.

We have some good prizes lined up this year already.

Doug~RR

Is there a section for women? My sister, dad and I will enter this and will donate money, all equipment we have is what we use

No, there isn't currently a separate section for women. That's something we might add in the future, but we have so few women coues deer hunters, that I am not sure we can do a separate section. So right now, women are more than welcome to enter the contest just as the guys do.

Amanda

Here are a couple of 2007 archery entries:

Coueskiller's archery coues

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...c=6725&st=0

GeoffLloydcoueskiller.jpg

Treestandman's archery coues

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...ic=6877&hl=

MikeUdall-treestandman.jpg

If you have not registered for the contest, you have until Oct. 15. If you killed an archery coues this fall, get your registration and pics to me if you wish to enter the contest.

Doug~RR

Treestandman's archery coues

That is one seriously nice buck entry in any contest! Way to go, that rack is reaching for the sky! Now we just need to get you the canon 10 mega-pixel for the trophy photo! ;)

AzP&Y

Doug