Sign in to follow this  
Ethicsovereverything

Help get me hunting. Need advice. Tucson area.

Hey CWT, I bought a new HHA sight for myself this Christmas. If you don't know you need to sight in at 20 and 60 yards to select a tape. Well 20 is easy that's done, but I can't get 60. I have been trying to get to the fairgrounds to shoot 60 but it's been WAY to windy to make the proper adjustments. I checked th forecast and for the next week same thing. Any ideas on how to sight in? I have my tag and I'd rather be hunting than waiting for a non windy day.

Deep washes can help block the wind or right next to large industrial buildings. Or inside a warehouse.

Take the time to dial it in properly. Then verify it with your broad heads. A few days spent doing the work beats a blood trail to nowhere any day of the week.

• Like 1

Indoor is only 20 yards

How long is PSE's indoor range? I know their outside one is/was 100 yard or so. Haven't been there in years though.

You could use an archery program such as "Archers Choice" or "On Target 2" and input all your information (arrow speed, draw weight, draw length, weight on string, etc) and it will select/make you a very accurate sight tape. I prefer On Target 2.

PSE outdoor range may not be as windy since it's in between buildings...not sure. Tough spot...that range at the fairgrounds is windy even on a calm day. A warehouse or somewhere else indoors would be ideal...even with a sight tape I wouldn't personally want to hunt without actually shooting those distances and knowing that sights are on and I'm capable of the shot. My bow is a lot more accurate than I am. :D