Sign in to follow this  
apache12

Shoot to 100yrd?

I hope the 100yrd archery guys are keeping it on the archery range and not in the field. I keep reading about animals being killed out to these long distances but I would think most animals are wounded and not recovered at this distance. IMHO! :)

TJ

check out this podcast it's called Gritty Bowmen episode 67. They talk about mechanicals VS fixed, shooting long distance! And it's buy one of the most decorated and skilled archers in the world. Maybe you naysayers might learn something!
  • Like 3

Azhamill, I took your advise and listened to Gritty Bowmen Episode 67 and did learn a lot, thank you. I agree there are exceptions but I will continue to stick with my opinion "I would think that most animals are wounded and not recovered at this distance."

I encourage those who want to learn how to shoot out to 100yrds to take the time and listen to episode 67 for yourself. :)

TJ

• Like 1

My personal experience has been that at longer ranges im either right on the money or miss by a mile. A slight flinch or jerk of the trigger that might be an 8" miss at 50 would be a 16" or more miss at 100. Id think theres a good chance that more animals are wounded at 60 yards rather than 100 as that bad hit will turn into a clean miss with 40 extra yards of trajectory.

Of course thats coming from a guy that killed a deer on the first shot at 80 yards a couple years ago, and has cleanly missed one at 50 and another at 60 since then, so I could be still drunk from last night and just rambling incoherent crapola.....

• Like 2

all i know is, i bought the IQ sight, and i can shoot better than ever. my last session i was humming them in there at 80 yards with ease. i think with a little practice i could be doing 100 yards no problem.

also, i got a pse premonition, that has a solid back stop. so i'm always money on my back tension.