Sign in to follow this  
couesfreak23

8x or 10x BINOCULARS

Hi guys looking for your 2 cents on which power binocular would work best for me. looking to use these binos for glassing free hand as well as on a tripod from 100-1000 yards. Mostly just hunt coues. I looking for more field of view so I can see more country when glassing closer distances, I am leaning towards 8x binoculars due to the more field of view then 10x binos but would it impact my ability to spot deer bedded in thicker brush or even deer bedded in the open at say 500-1000 yards. Really would appreciate if all could give your opinions THANKS

At 500 - 1000 if they are up I will see them with my eyes and no wider field of view than that so I want to see them tucked in the cats claw or hiding under a mesquite ... I think when you are talking sitting and glassing 500 yards plus 12x or 15x is a minimum ... I like the Vortex Viper HD 15x , because of the size I can use them off hand pretty well and My Walking Stick is a Monopod so really easy to brace the glass and pan fast or slow .. however I am feeling ( kind of best of both IMO) ... I do not think I would go under 10x unless it is for the pack and for glassing through thicker wooded areas while on the move. just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

I don't see finding many deer bedded in bushes at 1k yds with 8x and even 10x is a stretch. Heck even with 15x those suckers are still dang near invisible.

my $0.02 if you are going with 1 pair then get 10x. Free hand use a walking stick to stop any shaking.

• Like 1

Yeah I find it hard just to find bedded deer at 500+ yards depending on terrain. I forgot to mention I do have swarovski 15x56 for further glassing but I just want something to scan well on move and something to glass closer distance and open areas. Do you guys have problems with 10s being to shaky well free handing em

Yeah I find it hard just to find bedded deer at 500+ yards depending on terrain. I forgot to mention I do have swarovski 15x56 for further glassing but I just want something to scan well on move and something to glass closer distance and open areas. Do you guys have problems with 10s being to shaky well free handing em

I don't have problems with 10's free handing. Good 8 glass would be nice to have archery hunting in close proximity. But I'd never give up my 10's or 15's. IMO 10's are about the perfect all around glass

• Like 1

If you have 15's go with 8x. I f you are going to do any type of spot and stalk then quick scanning is much easier than with 10x. If you usually sit or use sticks then 10x is probably better.

• Like 1

8x are nice and lightweight for archery. I recently used 8x32 vortex diamondbacks on an archery hunt. The weight was nice, but I also was not glassing great distances. 10x42 seems to be more versatile whether you're using them on a tripod or around your neck.

• Like 1

I use the viper 10x42 for free handing/stalking binos, even with your adrenaline going chasing a buck I can hold them pretty steady to,see,what I'm looking at. I also throw them on the tripod for glass, great FOV, I find a deer, then switch to spotter to clearify,

• Like 1

8 have a better exit pupil and will let be brighter if same brand as 10. For hand helds I like 8. Wobble less and you will see the same as 10 in regards to spotting an animal you do or don't want to hunt. My opinion. But do check exit pupil

• Like 1