Sign in to follow this  
Mog

Mathews Heli M

Anyone have any feedback on the Mathews Heli M? Looking for my dad, I have a DXT and love it but don't know much about the Heli M. He is looking at a used one out of state, does anyone know why this Hoyt sticker would be on a mathews bow?

post-3160-0-47498800-1453601557_thumb.jpg

Its a hoyt QAD made specifically for hoyts but they work on other bows. As for the heli-m i did not like it as it was too light to hold steady in any amount of wind. The grip was too fat for such a light bow. Made it extremely easy to torque.

I'm opposite of avgjoe. Love my helim. Like the size and weight. The one in the pic has a different grip than the original. Has the focus grip making it slimmer than the original wood.

Good point about the grip. Did not notice that. I think the focus grip on any mathews is a great improvemrnt

It was a great bow. It was light but once you add sights ,rest, quiver the heft is back up. A focus grip is a must for any Mathews. Mine was a joy to shoot and hunt with. A pound lighter than my monster.

Ive never shot a heli m, but I wouldnt be scared away by the weight. One of the best things about a light bow is that you can add a heavier stabilizer, or a rear stabilizer to better balance the bow while keeping the total weight around the same as one of those other bows without a stabilizer. I shoot a black ice and one of the main reasons I went to look at it was that it was one of the lightest bows on the market at the time. I shoot a fairly heavy offset stabilizer and its the best balanced and best shooting bow ive ever had.