Savageman25

If I want meat?

If you draw 19a, pm and I'll point you in the right direction. That can be a tough hunt but here is tons of glassing and you'll get on elk if you do your homework and spend the time out there.

• Like 1

If you draw 19a, pm and I'll point you in the right direction. That can be a tough hunt but here is tons of glassing and you'll get on elk if you do your homework and spend the time out there.

Love this forum. Largely because guys like this- helping people get into it, for the love of the hunt.

• Like 2

Yep. I drew an area last year where I had never hunted. I scouted as much as i could, and with good advice from several people on here and literally 1 of the suggestions was dead on, the meat is in my freezer to prove it.

Harley

• Like 1

Yeeeeessss. I got drawn. I'm elated. Thanks for everyone's advice on what to put in for.

So this is 1st big game hunt? Very cool, and in your own backyard 19a

Yeeeeessss. I got drawn. I'm elated. Thanks for everyone's advice on what to put in for.

Yep, first big game hunt ever for me. the cool thing is I fly helicopters all over 19a about 4 to 5 hours a week. I'm gonna be scoutin big time from the air.

• Like 2

Yep, first big game hunt ever for me. the cool thing is I fly helicopters all over 19a about 4 to 5 hours a week. I'm gonna be scoutin big time from the air.
Just remember no flying over it for 48 hrs prior i believe is the law. Good luck!!!

Better clarify that with someone with the proper knowledge

Just remember no flying over it for 48 hrs prior i believe is the law. Good luck!!!

Better clarify that with someone with the proper knowledge

Yep, thanks for the heads up. I'll abide by all rules. I would rather not be On the bad side of the FAA or AZGF.

Nice. Scout hard and you will do well. 19a is a cool unit for elk.

• Like 1

Just make sure you look up once In awhile. You don't wanna do what I do when driving back roads looking out the window In a helicopter.

• Like 1

It's not just no fly for 48 hrs before YOUR hunt but no fly 48 before ANY big game hunt.