Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

AGFD hunt regulations for 2008-2010 and spring 07

Why would we make it private?!?!

I dont mine walking or hiking at all, I would hike all day long just to spend a couple of house hunting in the holy grail of coues country ( look at the time right now, thats what im bout to go do) We have to think about those people who cant hike 15 miles a day, how are they going to hunt? ( ie my dad)... they need to have places to hunt also and we cant have them all jammed into a few sqaure miles. especially with 1000 tags in october, and 1000 tags in november. any type of limitations we as hunters support right now is just a foothold for later down the road when they try to make other restrictions on hunting. if you sit and really think about it, it will make sense.

now, yes the Kaibab does get the vast majority or archery hunters... but most of the people that I have personally seen archery deer hunt up there are road hunting. not saying they dont see a single deer cause they road hunt, but i doubt those people kill enough deer to hurt the herd.

In the world we are living in today, hunters and gun owners are looked down on as bad people.. If we allowand support people to limit anything having to do with our shooting/hunting rights, imagine what they will do and/or try to do with out our support.

I do see your concern about the people who might have the physical limitations. It does suck that they might not be able to hunt the wilderness areas....but I think in general it would be better in the long run.

I do agree with you that a majority road hunt the kiabab and that there is not a significant amount of deer taking....does anyone know what the average harvest for deer on the archery kiabab hunt?

anyways, If they added some more archery hunts for deer i.e like DB said... late kiabab archery hunt or a early or late archery strip hunt. I do not see any harm in that. It is probably inevitable that archery will go to draw we will have to make the best of it. I would say if archery deer hunts do go to a draw system then I would hope they would do the draw by regions instead of particular units.

Thats about the most logical statement i have read anywhere for a while. that is a EXCELLANT idea!

Well the azgfd was looking for the support of organizations and hunters to help with this sales tax initiative they were trying to get, I look at it this way if they won't listen to us then why should we listen to them. Right now the way I feel about the azgfd and their (support) of hunters is they can take their sales tax initiative and shove it...., and I know that it is just one thing, but every year for the last three or four years it has been just one thing, it is adding up and I am pissed.

if they won't listen to us then why should we listen to them. Right now the way I feel about the azgfd and their (support) of hunters is they can take their sales tax initiative and shove it....

YEAH!! WHAT HE SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

I knew this BS archery draw was going to pass. Now I can't apply for my opportunity tag as a second choice and will have to choose between an archery or an overcrowded early rifle hunt. How do we expect to get youth hunters into archery when there is limited opportunity, and I'm sure more units will be added? What a joke, the G&F's motives are two-fold.

I warned others, and suggested it to the G&F, going to a separate archery drawing instead of having to choose between archery or rifle, but nobody seemed to like it. Now, I'm sure everyone would like it. In my suggestion you could possess two deer tags the same as now, but each with separate bonus points. It would've been conducted with the elk and antelope draw earlier before the rifle draw.

I'm not in favor of archery deer going to a draw either...Proposing 1,850 archery Kaibab tags next year, that's about the same number of hunters that go up yearly anyway. The worst part now is we have to waste bonus points while having just as many archery hunters in the woods up there. Putting the units south of the river to a draw didn't make any sense either.

So for the proposals next year I'm still not positive what they did, will we see less elk tags during the rut and more in November?

Will 13B (Strip) have archery permits for sure next year, and they are just undecided on the number of permits, or was having a draw up there just an idea?

I thought instead of going to an archery draw system a better solution would of been...If you draw a rifle deer tag that year, then you are not allowed to archery hunt Aug/Sep. But if you didn't fill your rifle tag than you are allowed to hunt Dec archery. Seems like that would of worked pretty good IMO.