Sign in to follow this  
5guyshunting

sig sauer kilo 2000

I researched this as much as possible. Its pretty new, so not many reviews. I picked one up this week and shot some distances here in the hood. I have ranged up to 1597 yards , thats down the street w/lots of ranges coming into play with people and traffic.

I will try this out on a javalina hunt this coming weekend and have a better review.http://www.ammoland.com/2015/11/the-kilo2000-from-sig-sauer-has-set-a-new-standard-in-range-finding/

I have had one for a few months, and I have been really impressed. So far, the only negative I have is the blueish/greenish tint to the optics. The sharpness and clarity of the glass is great. The ranging is better than any previous rangefinders I have owned. I have ranged freeway exit signs at 2839 yards away. The scan mode is insanely fast, and non-reflective ranging has been very consistant at 1k yards. Only time will tell how it's durability will stand up, but as of right now, this thing is an absolute winner in my books.

• Like 1

Savinglots.com has the best price at $415 and some change. I know of many people on Rokslide that purchased thru here and all received their rangefinder in a timely manner.

They are currently out of stock, but a buddy who ordered one when they were out of stock received his in less than 2 weeks. I think you can call them and check the lead times

• Like 1

I can vouch for savinglots.. I placed my order through them when they were backordered a month ago and I got a phone call the next day saying they got some in stock and would be shipping that day. Great customer service and fast shipping. When I spoke with them he said they had more on the way. I'd give them a call and check, super nice guys.

As far as the rangefinder goes, I am very happy with it! Crazy fast readings and easily picks up on rocks and trees at 1,000+ yards. Like other have said it reads reflective targets at 2,000 yds. I am also very impressed with how well it works in low light. Lastly, even ranges at 5 yds with angle compensation so will be able to use for archery. Only negative I would say is blueish tint but that doesn't bother me for the performance, especially at this price point. I'd definitely recommend.

Finally looked through one of these this past weekend. Has any one found an issue with the size of the aiming circle when ranging at distance?

Finally looked through one of these this past weekend. Has any one found an issue with the size of the aiming circle when ranging at distance?

I was worried about that, but with how fast the scan mode is, I feel more confident with this than I did with my Leica CRF. I always ranged multiple times with the CRF to confirm I was actually hitting the target I intended to with the laser. With the Sig, the scan mode is so insanely fast, that I always range in scan mode to make absolute positive I am hitting the target.

I did try this thing out. It was quick hitting trees from 300 to 1800 yards . Further distances sometimes took a few clicks at trees. The longest tree I ranged was 2225 yards, I hit a southbound 18 wheeler on I- 17 at 3230 yards. I think lighting conditions do play a factor, but im pretty impressed with this rangefinder. Just my .02 cents.