bigorange

Recipes needed - Traeger wood pellet smoker

Anyone have experience with Traeger wood pellet smokers? Might be able to pick one up free or very cheap...wondering if it's worth trying (free is good...I don't see why not) or any pointers you could share?

Edit - picked it up this evening. Now I need some recipes!

Wife and kids got me one for fathers day last year. We smoke everything on it. From ribs to elk roast and back strap. Great unit. Its fun to try different pellets to get the right flavor profile you are looking for

You do not want that piece of junk for free.. Give me the #, I could use another one to take on camping trips. In all seriousness, your grilling will never be the same again. Unreal, how good the food is that leaves a traeger.

Very good smokers! Buy it, just make sure the auger and thermometer works! If you don't buy put me on the list after everyone else ha ha! Also buy a remote thermometer to check grill and meat temps!!!!! About $35 for a readycheck but worth it!!!!

Based on the model number I'm pretty sure this is the same one I have. Older model with a different control, but basically same.

Thanks for all the suggestions...can't wait to try it out!

I have a traditional wood smoker. For many years I have burned my hands over and over while removing various meats from the smoker, shredding the meats, carving, etc. After pulling a few turkeys from this smoker this past Thanksgiving, I had enough and picked some of these up. WOW, do I regret not getting them sooner. They are fantastic and one of the best cheap smoking/bbq investments I have made.

http://www.amazon.com/Artisan-Griller-Insulated-Barbecue-Grilling/dp/B00K1L9SAG/ref=pd_sim_86_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=41baa8iLzqL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR131%2C160_&refRID=1GR79VWBX66S3BZN2VFT

• Like 1

For you pellet smokers, there is a pretty good group on Facebook for learning and sharing info that I highly recommend. Do a Facebook search for "The Pellet Pit". It is an open group anyone can join.

• Like 1

You may have done it already but if you haven't go online to Traeger and sign up for their email's. You'll get recipes and promos weekly.

• Like 1