Sign in to follow this  
ready2hunt

World Record Mule Deer

What Toby said. Flood a real small area with 30-40 toadys for weeks, fly over in a helicopter, be lead by your little fat hand and shoot a deer. No hunting involved. I've spent a lotta time on antelope island. Had a long talk with a retired guy that volunteered at the museum at Garr ranch. Like most everyone else in Utah, he hates moss and all his lackys. Said that on the "hunt" just before I talked to him, some mossback punk stopped him like he was a cop and asked him where he thought he was going. He told him "to work". Said the guy actually told him to be sure he just went to work and don't get in their way. It had been several months since the "hunt" and he was still pissed. Said the guy flew in on a chopper, was gone a couple hours and flew back out. If these guys spent all that money and then actually hunted, it wouldn't bother me. Surrounding a deer so some softy can shoot it is a different story. Be a real cool experience to haul horses in there and really go hunting. Some great country. You see lots of deer from the pavement. Lots of goats and bison. Supposed to be some big sheep. The museum had a big head that was found there. As far as this being a hunt or austad being a hunter, nope. I don't think so. Lark

• Like 4

Guest 300ultramag.

I don't mind it. To each there own however it does offset the trophy books.to have half a dozen folks in tow with you on the hunt isn't record worthy imo. I've wanted to start a record book for solo hunters only. Call it the soloist. I've taken a few bucks solo and it's more harder. Ranging spotting and locating and packing them out all by your lonesome

• Like 1

If any of you guys would read the article you would know what it said... Which is a antelope island mule deer tag sold for a "record" 420k at the Utah sports show last week .. The article used that pic because it was killed at antelope island not because it's a wr.

Uh, I kinda think we all know that. Some folks just don't agree that posse hunting is fair chase. Just as well shoot one raised in a pen and fed suppliments on a deer farm. Or make a rack outta plastic. Lark

Hey Longshooter, You got the Money and I am almost that old, Why don't we go together You pay, I shoot....LOL...............BOB!

• Like 1

Honestly at this point the only thing I want know is what he did to make so much $$$ :) I'm clearly on the wrong business haha

• Like 4

Whether they were silver spoons or worked for it these kills do not belong in B&C or P&Y period. But the money goes to a good cause.....like the fiesta bowl money did.... Would love to see how much makes it to the field after all the pockets are lined.

• Like 2

I heard it was drugs, murder and child prostitution. Or was it rainbow and unicorn wallpaper. Somethin' like that. Lark

Do a google image search for antelope island hunting. I think that is the only place this guy hunts. I found this article/quote in my search:

"Among the bidders for the vaunted Antelope Island mule deer tag was Denny Austad of Idaho. For three years running, Austad had made the winning bid for the permits. In all, he spent $775,000 for the chance to kill a buck each year. Austad also owns the previous world record for a mule deer hunt auction — $310,000 set in 2013 in Utah.

Wonder what its like to have more money than skills.

But the money goes to a good cause.....like the fiesta bowl money did.... Would love to see how much makes it to the field after all the pockets are lined.

thank you.

i get so fukking rustled up when people say "rasied 400K for AZ wildlife!!"

no, raised 400k for AZGFD. what they do with it is another story im sure

• Like 1