CJohnson

Antler repos

Anyone have experience with Steve Stayner out of Gilbert? Maybe some pics and examples to share? I realize cost may vary depending on character. But what would you say the "going rate" might be for a typical 3 point? And what about each additional replica made? Thanks

He did mine in '04. Antlers are removable, he does great work. My only suggestion with who ever you choose to go with make sure you have the antlers painted white, over time if there is not a base white before the antlers are actually colored they turn yellow. You can see this really well at cabelas if you walk through their museum, I'd say most of their mule deer and whitetail mounts are reproductions. Not sure if steve did the work or not but I'd definitely go check them out. Steve still has one more set of his own off my buck that I'm supposed to get off him, maybe I'll get around to it someday.

post-2501-0-41183200-1456275061_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Probably meant to say "antler repRo" as in reproduction. Threw me off too

I don't think they turn yellow. They generally had the yellow tint to start.

Ever Watch FaceOFF ? Pretty much the same process those guys use to make their masks ... you can probably DIY for under $150 and a Day or two of time and waiting ... This video shows you how it is done and there are tons of videos online for making silicone castings with all the different types of silicone.

You can do it your self there are videos that show and what mold material to us . My dad did a 6x6 whitetail

I totally thought this was gonna be a thread about a reality show where people repossess antlers they sold to buyers and didn't get paid for.

• Like 3

Forgive my ignorance, but is "antler repo" the same as "antler replication"?

yea, I started hiding mine thinkin the "repo man" was coming.

Rage,

Are those replicas on the mount?

Yes