AZ402

Auction Hunt

After the draw, all of the 5$ "donators" that didn't draw a tag, go into a drawing for a "super raffle" type tag....

That won't rid the onus of the special tags that have seemingly become perverted by egos and greed. What we wind up with is possibly another incident like the one that just happened.

Plus, I'm not keen on any sort of voluntary contribution because that gets away from the "everybody pays" concept and will make the total revenue for each species an unknown commodity from year to year. In contrast, the number of applicants usually stay within a predictable range. -TONY

Agreed...

Neat idea Tony. Why not do both and double the money raised for wildlife?

Amanda

I certainly don't have a problem with a double-barrelled approach. Many other states already have some type of conservation stamp in place. Our trout stamp is quite similar and provides the necessary funds to run the state hatcheries to supply put-&-take fish.

The application surcharge should be high enough to replace the funds generated by the special tags for each species. The license stamp could be nominal, i.e a few bucks, and then get divided on a percentage basic determined by the number of hunters who apply for each big-game species. Or maybe just leave it as a lump sum to be used for habitat, etc. for both small and big-game. -TONY

Jim- Yea, I know- there was a little sarcasm in that one big guy.

In regards th the article- The "finder" of that bull is a troll. his neighbors are pissed and he's a coward for not standing by his decision. He sold the bull now he is selling out everyone involved..........and yes, that picture looks BAD. Not unlike the G&F survey- if you want a certain outcome, all it takes is a little creativity. Oh and forget to add a few facts.........

If that beast would have taken a right instead of a left, no body is talking about it.........That is what I mean by an unfortunate incident................

Tony- that is great idea......

stay loose-

Dave

Tony,

Welcome to my point of view.I have been saying for the last two years every time we have the discussion,that there has to be a better way.Of course even if we find a alternitive,some people would still want the auction tag.(Mainly the people who stand to gain financilly from these tag's)

Noel

I would not want to be in John Babbitt's shoes , his neighors are probably a little pis-ed off at him right now. I knew a John Babbitt who liked to hunt when I lived in Flag, wonder if it is one and the same? ag

whodang, that article in the dependent don't make this thing look any better. dang, it was right in them folks' yard. ohhheeee, this is gonna be ugly. we already pay a $7.50 surcharge just to apply. how much did that raise last year? a lot more than this auction tag. a lot of folks are trying to rationalize this situation. if he woulda waited until it got into the forest, which sounds like it wouldn't have been too hard to do, we'd all be envious of a big rack. instead, it looks like this guy, and his guides, are in a lot of trouble and we're all in a boil over it. one side o' the fence or the other. seems to be pretty much polaraized. whatever the case, like i said earlier, if i had the cash, i'd be at the auciton. but then i'd be off in a canyon somewhere hunting, not in folks' yards. heck, there are elk a lot bigger than this available to shoot behind high fences, for a lot less money. and they hafta be at least as "ethical". there were a lot of ways to do this thing okay. how it happened wasn't one of em. i'm one of the guys that figures if it's legal it's ethical, because we never want anyone to try and legislate ethics. if this ends up being legal, then it's ethical. if it don't, it ain't. from what i see, it ain't gonna end up good for the guys involved. no matter what happens. Lark.

So this year tag holder, which is the same guy that got the monster in 3B earlier, got a 420 in 9 recently. It has a split 4th, extra eye guard and a cheater. Two four hundred plus class buls in one year, must be nice. I guess the drought isn't to bad.