Sign in to follow this  
PelaPapas

Best Bipod under $100...

Looking to add on a bipod on my hunting rig. Usually my pack is used as a rest. Found out real quick on my javi hunt I needed a little but more height with the tall grass getting in my way when shooting prone.

What would you recommend for a good all around bipod under $100? Any input is appreciated....

You definitely want to spend the extra money for the swivel model as well.

• Like 4

Yep, get a Harris. I tried the caldwell and a few others, one that looks awesome but the Harris simply works and does not give me any issues to have to think about.

• Like 2

2 old aluminum arrows with electrical tape around em about 2 inches from nock end. Fold em out, shoot. Fold em up, put em in your back pocket. My kids killed bunchs stuff usin em. Lark

• Like 1

I have the Harris swivel bipod on my rifle. I have the longer model with 3 sections so you could potentially extend them out to shoot from a seated position. I used it during my elk hunt and it worked great. I shot from prone position but the swivel made it much easier to get a good sight picture.

Harley

• Like 2

Thanks to all. Seems like Harris is the way to go. Does anybody use the standard 6-9" bipod and have any problems with the height? Just want to make sure I have enough clearance for shots. Seems like the tall grass is my problem.

Go with the longer model. If you need a shorter height than you first leg of the pod use you pack or something else.

• Like 2

Used the longer Harris swivel model hunting antelope in Wyoming to get over the sage brush when shooting from sitting position. No problem with hits out to 300+ yds

• Like 1