Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Savage Model 10 FCP-XP 308 for sale

I have a used Savage Model 10 FCP-XP 308 for sale. The gun has a 22 inch fluted bull barrel, 4 round magazine, accutrigger, bedded picitiny rail & a custom adjustable Karstin style cheak piece. This gun was pre-accustock. The stock has been bedded. The gun will come with about 40 pieces of new loaded ammo with box. No scope or bipod.

This gun has been my primary hunting gun for the past 3 years. It has taken a lot of animals at various ranges to include Elk & Deer past 600 yds. I have a great load developed. I can consistantly shoot 1/2 moa and always under 1 moa with this gun. This is a great long range hunting rifle!

This gun has helped several CW members get some great animals!

I'm only selling because I have several new guns that have become my primary weapons.

Asking $650

P.S. I will post better pics when I get home.

post-1205-0-35630700-1458170515_thumb.jpg

post-1205-0-52604400-1458170531_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

What bullet you shooting with this gun and what kind of velocity are you getting with the 22 inch barrel - its definitely a good combo based on your pics. Approx carry weight as shown?

The gun loves the Sierra 175 MatchKing with 43.5 grains Varget. I'm not sure of the Velocity.

I checked my ammo box. I have 57 loaded rounds with 24 more pieces of brass.

Here are two funny stories that will go with this gun.

The first picture:

In November 2014 I had a leftover tag in 35A. Myself and a good friend were set up glassing a small cut for our last morning of the hunt. After glassing for a few hours all we could find was a small spike. Earlier in the morning we ran into a guy and a kid. After locating the spike I went looking for them so the kid could get a shot. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to locate them.

We were about to leave when a Jeep pulled up to our spot with 3 guys. I walked over to them asking if they had a kid with them so they could shoot the spike. The first guy said no, but then his buddies started telling him he should shoot it, because he said a few minutes ago he would shoot a spike, because he had never shot a Deer. They asked how far the Deer was. I said it was 400 yards away. The next comment they said was shocking! He said I don’t’ think I can shoot that far, because my scope is loose and I think it may be off past 100 yards. I instantly said don’t worry about your gun you can shoot mine. I already had it set up hoping I could find the kid. That’s when they got really excited and agreed to use my gun.

A few minutes later we had everyone looking at the Deer and the shooter behind my gun ready to pull the trigger. I could tell he was a little nervous at shooting a Deer at 400 yards, but I assured him with this gun it’s a chip shot. All he needed to do was make one perfect trigger pull. As I got behind the scope I said shoot whenever you are ready. A second later he fired and I was able to watch the bullet travel to the deer. The deer instantly dropped. We all instantly started yelling and giving high five’s. The funniest part was the shooter scoped himself pretty bad. We all joked and had a great time. After we got the deer processed and started hiking out the spike jokes startedJ I didn’t get a deer, but watching someone get his first deer was even better!

The second picture:

This past late rifle Bull season I helped a couple guys from California. The previous 2 days the one of the guys kept saying how much he didn’t like long range shooting and how he would never shoot anything long range. Myself and the second guy love long range shooting so we all had a great time giving each other crap. Plus they were both from California so the Democrat jokes were endless from me!

On the 2rd night of the hunt I set the first guy up in a great spot while I took the other guy to another spot. The guy I helped got a shot on a nice Bull, but missed. We decided to go back to the same spots in the morning. This time I left my rifle with the first guy, just in case he needed to take a longer shot. He really didn’t want the gun, but after explaining how to use the BR2 rangefinder and the turrets he was comfortable and agreed. To make a long story shorter both guys got Bulls that morning. As me and the 2nd guy hiked in to help the guy with my gun we heard him yell out something. At first we couldn’t hear it, as we go closer we could understand him. He was saying “I love your gun”!!!! We both started laughing! Apparently the Elk stepped out of the trees at a little over 500 yards. They stood there for 20 minutes, giving him plenty of time to get set up. 1 shot, 1 Kill…..

I’m sure some will say people with no training have no business shooting long range & I would agree. The difference is with the proper set up just about anyone can make the shot. I would have never allowed either person to shoot past the distance they shot. 3-500 yards is not long range in my opinion and is a chip shot with the proper gun.

post-1205-0-34069500-1458232736_thumb.jpg

post-1205-0-60718700-1458232770_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Adam you must have something VERY special in mind to let this baby go! TTT for one gun that has some great mojo...

Adam you must have something VERY special in mind to let this baby go! TTT for one gun that has some great mojo...

Yes, but it's a secret. SHHHHHHH:)

Pretty awesome of you to be so helpful towards other people. Especially complete strangers.

BTW thats an awesome buck!

• Like 1

OOOOO Man I love this gun. How can i not buy it? As Adam stated with the proper set up any idiot can shoot out to 500 yards. I did just that with this gun on the first shot I ever took with it. I still have the rock that was about 6 inches in diameter smacked it dead center at 507 yards. Thanks again buddy for letting me use this gun on my antelope hunt

post-8664-0-93279800-1458241297_thumb.jpeg

post-8664-0-29241500-1458241310_thumb.jpg

post-8664-0-19407600-1458241332_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Bump for a great rifle and great seller. Adam, nice rig.