Sign in to follow this  
lionhunter

Nosler long range accubond vs accubonds

I am debating if I should switch over to the long range accubond in my 270 wsm and 300 wsm!!?????

Give me some input to the pros and cons....bc I know, but how do I they perform on animals ect. The original accubonds (. 130 gr anf 150 gr) have performed flawlessly for me on manny animals for the last 5 years or so.

Is it worth changing

Thanks for any info

Whitey

Let's put it this way. If I had a chance to shoot 180 accubond in my big seven millimeter I would far before I shoot the long range accubond.

I'm hitting center plat at 750 yards with my tikka .270 accubond. Killed anterlope at 300 yard, double lunged and went 5 ft. A mule deer at 300 yards double lunged and went 10 ft, and a 400 yard couse shot through the heart tore a quarter of the heart out, destroyed a lung and exited with a 2-1/2 hole. He dropped at 10 ft and. A day later my buddy use my rifel to shoot his couse at 260 yards quarter away and dropped him in his track with a 2-1/2" hole exit .

From my research they over achieve (accurbond long range) at long range targets. Meaning they are accurate and expanding very well. They underachieve at close range. Meaning they don't really expand at high velocity. Again this is me reporting what other people have said according to the research I've seen

5 coues, 2 mulies, 3 Audad, and a bear in the last 3 years. From 250 to 560 yds and 5 different hunters. All with the NLRAB, 7mm, 168gr they seem to be working very well and shoot very accurate. For my 7mm they are the only bullet I load now and see no reason to change.

I'm in the same boat. In my 6.5 I've worked up some really great loads with 140 gr. Accubonds and their performance on game is limited to one Muley buck at 400 yards but were absolutely devastating - I'm talking through both shoulders and a massive wound channel.

I've done a few loads with the 142 Long Range version but haven't really compared them at 4-500 yards. The old saying, "If it ain't broke don't fix it" might apply here as the regular accubonds fly great and have fantastic terminal effects. That said, I'm going to load up some batches of the Accubonds and LR Accubonds that are otherwise identical and see if one out-performs the other at 500 yards.