Hoss50

7mm Rem. Mag & 168gr Berger HVLD loads?

Does anyone have some loads they like for this combo? I have access to several good magnum powders. H1000, retumbo, rl22, imr7828, imr4831. I prefer to use h1000 though as I have the most of that.

It will be for load development in a Ruger M77 mark 1 tang safety.

Thanks Harley

Starting load H 1000; 62.5 the MAX load; 69.5 Straight from the Berger reloading manual.

I have a couple of loads worked up, with major help from lance. I will tell you my sendero will take way over the manuals MAX load with H1000, with no issues. I dont know how your ruger will like it though.

The Ruger M77 magazine is way shorter than n R700 magazine, so if you want a repeater, you have to stuff the bullets in deeper. I have a load that has worked lights out in 3 different Ruger M77 tang safety 7RM rifles.

Winchester brass

CCI 250 Mag primers

62.0 gr. RL22

168 Berger HVLD.

Seated to .0100" shy of mag length.

It is a big jump to lands, something like .250", but works great. Good speed, great accuracy in the 3 guns I have loaded for. I will see if I can dig up actual COAL and to ogive.

I Emailed berger today for load data but I will start with lance's load and some h1000 loads and see how it goes. Thank you.

Keep us posted if you would please, I will be watching this thread. I have a brand new box of 168 gr VLDH's for my 7mm RM Savage LRH, I have not started working up a load yet.