well went out for the morning hunt today in 23. I called for about 20 minutes, and nothing. I set up my 15s and as soon as i put them up i saw a bear. he was not interested in the call at all, but he was on the move. I gatered up my gear and took off toward him to get a shot. Afte i moved about 100 yards i sat up for the shot just in time to see him drop off into a brushy canyon. Guess thats the luck. maybe tomorrow i will see him again. Anyone else see anything today. Good luck

Nah... I was gunna go to 23S but my gun is not sighted in and I got to much stuff to get done.... :(

Good luck on gettin' that bear!! :D

Nah... I was gunna go to 23S but my gun is not sighted in and I got to much stuff to get done.... :(

You have spent how many thousands of dollars lately on guns, scopes, rests, ect. and your not ready to HUNT :huh:

Get your bear poop together and go get-r-done

You have over 2 Hrs. of day light to go sight that 22Mag in------GO man go :P

You have spent how many thousands of dollars lately on guns, scopes, rests, ect. and your not ready to HUNT :huh:

Get your bear poop together and go get-r-done

You have over 2 Hrs. of day light to go sight that 22Mag in------GO man go :P

Thanks, Dad..... :unsure: <_<

:P :P

I wanted to go, but had too many things to do at work. I'm torn between scouting for my antelope hunt or going to my bear spot in 23S. Sounds like alot of people are going to 23S, so I might skip it. I have a feeling the quota will be met real soon though.

I wanted to go, but had too many things to do at work. I'm torn between scouting for my antelope hunt or going to my bear spot in 23S. Sounds like alot of people are going to 23S, so I might skip it. I have a feeling the quota will be met real soon though.

my uncle and I were gonna head out there but schedules did not match

I know lots of people who said they were gonna be in 23s...i would think the quota has been met or will be by the end of the day

Guest 300ultramag.
well went out for the morning hunt today in 23. I called for about 20 minutes, and nothing. I set up my 15s and as soon as i put them up i saw a bear. he was not interested in the call at all, but he was on the move. I gatered up my gear and took off toward him to get a shot. Afte i moved about 100 yards i sat up for the shot just in time to see him drop off into a brushy canyon. Guess thats the luck. maybe tomorrow i will see him again. Anyone else see anything today. Good luck

I was out opening day and glassed a cinnamon 4 ridges away. I boogied over to the adjacent ridge......nothing.

I glassed... nothing....I called..... nothing..... 10 min. later I was in the middle of howling when I heard somthing crashing through the brush. I located the sound...It was my cinnamon. I had my sites on him waiting for a clear shot..I was forced to take a shot through some brush at 220 yds. Nothing.I stayed up there till this morning never found him again.Ill be back tues. morning.

glassed one up saturday afternoon...shot a few times, but he was a long ways off...didnt hit him...he was a big chocolate

I was in 23s this weekend and everbody and there brother and his best buddy were out as well. I herd that a couple of bears had been taken opening morning. I think it is safe to say that the quota will be reached so get out soon if you want to go.

Well i got a bear finally. After a long hunt for three days i connected today with a nice boar. I will post pics this evening if i can figure it out. I think he will go 19-20". He was about three miles away when i saw him eating some pears. We made the mad dash up to within range. I sat up for the shot which was 390

yards. I squeezed the shot and connected. the bear dropped in his tracks. We then had to skin and bone the boar and pack him out, it seemed like 10 miles, to top it off it was 100 degrees. WOW. We seen a total of 8 bears in three days. We took another bear yesterdy, called him in, but he was nothing to speak of size wise.

Note the quota has been filled in 22 -23

If anyone can post some pics for me let me know. Thanks josh

Well i got a bear finally. After a long hunt for three days i connected today with a nice boar. I will post pics this evening if i can figure it out. I think he will go 19-20". He was about three miles away when i saw him eating some pears. We made the mad dash up to within range. I sat up for the shot which was 390

yards. I squeezed the shot and connected. the bear dropped in his tracks. We then had to skin and bone the boar and pack him out, it seemed like 10 miles, to top it off it was 100 degrees. WOW. We seen a total of 8 bears in three days. We took another bear yesterdy, called him in, but he was nothing to speak of size wise.

sweet! cant wait to see the pics

if you need me to post I will...my email is rferinga@yahoo.com

I ran into an old friend last night who told me his son tagged a bear in 23 fri.

Congrats on the Bear! Can't wait to see the pics!

az p&y is posting the pics for me. hope the turn out ok. Sorry for the bloody pics, we didnt have alot of time to stage the photos. I got hot quick.