Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil

Muchos Grandes

Headed south again last weekend. Thurs was a gorgeous day on the water. Caught 12 yellowtail. 4 Grandes on the troll. We got lucky and made it out for partial days on both Fri and Sat even though it was windy and rough. Caught 11 YT on Fri. All were grandes. 7 on the troll in the last hour of fishing. Scored 7 more Grandes on the troll before the wind and the whitecaps kicked up Sat am. Probably was a little warmer weather than if I had been chasing thunder chickens up north.

post-268-0-03946200-1461208701_thumb.jpeg

post-268-0-84760800-1461208720_thumb.jpeg

post-268-0-07205300-1461208739.jpeg

post-268-0-99773900-1461208754.jpeg

• Like 8

Penn Senator. I use it trolling for YT, dorado, sailfish, etc. they are great reels for the price. $110 new at Sportsmanship but you can find gently used ones for a lot less on the Internet. The last one I bought I picked up for $30. I run 150 yards of 50 lb braid as backing and then 300 yards of 50 lb mono on mine.

Way to get it done! Any boat or trailer malfunctions this trip? I have not had the opportunity to splash my boat in the SOC since last June.

Wow!!' Nice catch

Flat tire on the trailer the day after I got home. No biggie. Everything else nice and smooth. I had left my boat down there for the 11 days in between trips. It sure was nice driving down without pulling the boat.