PseAZ

Couse dropping yet?

Thinking about hitting the hills this weekend or the next to check camera's was wondering if anyone has found any couse sheds yet may have to get up alittle early and hit some canyons

I asked the question on here a week ago or so and didn't get very many responses, a couple of guys said they have found a few.

Thanks guys, Yea I know its gotta be anytime now. Figure I might as well do alittle looking while im out and about.

I would guess most have dropped and all big bucks have for sure. Latest I have had bone on camera is May 12 I think and I've never had a mature buck with head gear this late on camera. I found a fresh set three weeks ago on my way to check a camera. I would think you should be golden for this coming weekend. Further South, the later the dates for rut/antler drop/antler growth I'm my opinion though.

Nope! Just checked my cams this weekend, and all the Coues bucks still had their headgear on. Last year they didn't drop until around the last week of May. The last pic of a buck that still had his antlers on was June 3rd.

Depends on where you are at. None up in the pines that i have seen. 8 were packing yesterday

• Like 1

Really surprises me you guys are thinking late may is a better rule of thumb. My experience for the last five/six years is Late April/Early May. I have a lot of cameras out and I really can't remember every seeing bone in the 3rd week of May. Two and three weeks ago we saw a total of 7 bucks and two had dropped and one was packing only one antler.

Do you guys think bucks in the Northern half of the state also hold on possibly until Late May or are these mostly Southern units you guys are referring too?

I see bucks every year in the southern units carrying into early June but most of the mature bucks drop in may. Some drop in April.

Dang, well I guess I will give er heck none the less. Its always strange around here. I was hoping the rut to be off the chain this year and that huge storm hit and the snow pushed the deer off of 4 different cameras for 7 weeks. Glad I tagged out 2 days prior :)

Didn't find any shed's, put in alittle over 6 miles in the hills got a few new bucks on camera cant wait till they start growing again. Have a few bucks that could make this list this next year and a few that should be studs.

yea the 1st picture I had of a buck without horns was the 3rd I believe I stall have a a few small bucks carrying atleast one side. seems like between the 9th and the 11th I got a lot of craters on camera.